Latest Vacancies for Compliance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Job ID: 19015427
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
- The individual will play a key role in developing and maintaining a robust control environment in the branch/cluster and across the bank in general.
- He/she will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring and advising on compliance with business, global, regional, and local AML and compliance policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Undergraduate qualification in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or degree in any other discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Banking sector
- Knowledge of relevant regulations would be an advantage.
- Strong written and personal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage and facilitate multiple projects
- Ability to work individually and in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Ability to embrace new technologies
- Interpersonal skill
- Highly organised and methodical with close attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to a co-operative and collaborative working
- Strong team player willing to learn and share experiences with other team members
- Flexible to work with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Implementation of all applicable compliance and AML/CFT programs at the branch/cluster level;
- Ensure all compliance reviews/reports are being performed timely, are adequate and appropriately documented;
- Monitoring compliance to regulatory and internal policies, processes and procedures by staff in the branch/cluster;
- Daily resolution of compliance issues emanating from the branch/cluster in line with all applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies and liaising with the Head Office as necessary;
- Monthly reports on compliance Status of the branch/cluster to the Chief Compliance Officer;
- Reporting all forms of compliance breaches to the Chief Compliance Officer;
- Bringing to the attention of the Chief Compliance Officer any suspicious transaction/activity;
- Carrying out compliance advisory services to the branches covered;
- Liaising with local Regulators, Law Enforcement and other Governmental Bodies and ensure good relationships with the same;
- Work closely with the Business and other key stakeholders such as Operations and Technology to identify and mitigate the risks associated with existing and new business with emphasis on higher risk customers and transactions;
- Attend to and where necessary, lead compliance related customer interactions;
- Contribute to a “no surprise” compliance culture by developing and delivering compliance training programs including providing annual face-to-face training and developing and delivering any other relevant periodic targeted training to employees in the branch/cluster (new hires, transfers and existing staff);
- Raise the visibility of compliance by specifically improving the compliance risk assessment and compliance testing standards at the branch/cluster; and
- Manage ad hoc compliance related projects as required.
- Internal: All Business areas
- External: All regulators and law enforcement agencies impacting the business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.