Primegate Academy is an educational services company owned by the Primegate Foundation and providing early years, primary, secondary school and extra-curricular services. the school seeks to provide professionally delivered teaching and learning services to its students.
Incorporated on the 14th day of September 2014, the school commenced operations in September 2014 with early years, primary and secondary school sections and has grown tremendously over the past 4 years.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Secondary
Location: Kubwa, Abuja
Reports to: School Proprietor
Job Type: Permanent
- We are in need of a School Principal
- Position will require academic, administrative and pastoral supervision of a secondary school, year 7 (JS1) – year 12 (SS3)
- The Principal will provide leadership and administration which will motivate
- Instructional and support personnel to strive for superior performance so as to provide the best possible opportunities for student growth and development, both educationally and personally.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Developing and administering the general school routine, and coordinate all activities within the school building
- Participating in the selection of new teaching and classified personnel
- Observing, counseling, and motivating professional staff toward performances to attain the educational goals of the District
- Utilizing to the fullest extent possible, all available school facilities, materials, and staff service personnel
- Continually evaluating existing programs and practices, curriculum content, and pilot or experimental programs
- Maintaining an educational philosophy and school climate which encourages a cooperative and participating attitude on the part of all teachers and students
- Maintaining a standard of student behavior designed to command respect and minimize school and classroom interruptions
- Resolving student behavioral problems on buses
- Encouraging and initiating continued improvement in curriculum and teaching methods in cooperation with District Administration, subject area specialists, and faculty
- Identifying intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs affecting students’ success in school, and taking steps to direct and coordinate the efforts of teachers and parents with staff services and special education personnel
- Planning and submitting annual budget needs for the building to the Director of Business Affairs
- Maintaining effective communication to keep the staff, students, and parents properly informed
- Orienting new personnel assigned to the school. Having school records available and up to date for ready reference and reporting
- Planning and conducting faculty meetings as necessary
- Interpreting and clarifying relationships between teachers, subject area chairpersons, and specialized personnel in accordance with District policy
- Affecting or recommending changes which will lead to improved administration, supervision and opportunity for student development
- Making recommendations to District Administration on any matter which will improve the excellence of the District
- Actively participating and encouraging staff participation in parent-teacher and other community groups, as a means of developing understanding, cooperation, and respect for school objectives and endeavors
- Review, authorize, or disapprove Authorizing all professional staff requests for instructional materials and equipment within the approved budget
- Authorizing all requests for special pupil transportation needs of the professional staff
- Attending professional conferences, seminars, and workshops in education and/or educational administration as per master agreement and/or Superintendent
- Performing all other acts reasonable and necessary to accomplish his/her primary function as requested by the Superintendent.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualificationsMinimum
- Years of Experience: 5
- Experience with supervising Junior Waec, Senior Waec, Cambridge examinations an added advantage.
- Age: 35- 45years.
- Highly competitive Salary, generous pension scheme, as well as an exciting culture Excelling in knowledge….excellent leaders!
Deadline: 3rd May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters/e-mail detailing how their qualification and experience fits the requirement for the job in addition to their CV to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that the subject of your email reads “Principal”.
Note: Applications that do not comply with this requirement will not be considered.