Tansian University, Umunya – Licensed by the Federal Government under the close supervision of the National Universities Commission (NUC) on May 17th, 2007, Tansian University is determined to actualize its vision of being a dynamic institution with the noble philosophy of inculcating sound, high quality education, without compromising any moral issue.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University;
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the University and, from time to time, provides expert advice on issues relating to investments, revenue generation, as well as disbursement of kinds.
- The Bursar will oversee all finance, accounting, reporting and internal control procedures, forecasting, budgeting, treasury, resource mobilization, fundraising, sponsorship, grants, subventions, endorsement drive, revenue generation activities, tax and corporate insurance functions of the University.
- He/she shall also exercise professional oversight function overall Accounting staff.
- The candidate for the post of Bursar must possess a good University Degree with a minimum of Second Class (Honours) in Accounting or related disciplines, and must be a fellow/member of any of the recognized professional bodies, like ICAN or ANAN.
- He/she must have at least fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience with a minimum often (10) years at management level: eight(8) years experience in the University system, four (4) of which should be at the rank of a Deputy Bursar or higher position.
- A postgraduate degree in relevant area will be an added advantage.
- The person for this position must be of impeccable character He/she should be trustworthy, have adequate leadership skills, and experience, high degree of competence, and dependability.
- God-fearing, uprightness and moral standard, Someone who appreciates and acts on merit
- Excellent interpersonal relations;
- An enviable record in fund raising, resource and revenue mobilization, sponsorship and endorsement drive management working with other arms of the University to ensure financial stability:
- Must be physically and mentally fit; and
- He/she must be computer literate and very conversant with accounting packages.
Salary and Other Conditions
- The salary; remunerations and other conditions of service will be as contained in Tansian University conditions of Service.
Deadline: 17th May, 2019.
Method of Application
Applications should be made in fifteen (15) copies accompanied by 15 copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated.
Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Candidates should request their referees to submit confidential reports on them to the University.
Each application must be accompanied by 15 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the development of the Bursary of a world class University.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit under confidential cover all applications and supporting documents marked “Application for the Post of Bursar” at the top left hand corner of the envelope to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Tansian University Umunya,
P.M.B. 0006, Umunya,
Applicants in view of limited response time are advised to send soft copies of their Application documents as listed above to: email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.