New Job Vacancies in a Financial Services Company, 11th April, 2019
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- To provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Chief Financial Officer shall:
- Efficiently implement the financial policies/procedures of the Company in line with generally accepted accounting policies;
- Be responsible for the timely provision of relevant and reliable financial information to stakeholders;
- Ensure availability and adequacy of funds to finance operations;
- Ensure adequate control system and processes to secure the assets of the organization;
- Manage relationships with Regulatory and Statutory bodies, i.e. NAICOM, FIRS, Lagos State Internal Revenue Service, etc.
- Provide leadership and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives;
- Provide advice and reporting on the state of the company’s finances to the Board;
- Ensure credibility of the Finance team by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Provide Executive Management with advice on the financial implications of business activities;
- Manage processes for financial forecasting and budgets;
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities;
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local regulatory laws;
- Serve as the principal advocate for prudent, consistent and accountable management of financial assets;
- Responsible for the financial management operations which include the development of a financial strategy, metrics tied to that strategy and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve assets and report accurate financial results;
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives;
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans;
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company’s strategic direction;
- Oversee the completion of timely annual audited financial statements.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Performs other financial-related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline;
- Professional certification in Accounting;
- Minimum of twenty (20) years’ cognate work experience in the financial services industry.
Deadline: 30th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly input “Chief Financial Officer” as the subject of your e-mail.