New Jobs at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist the Procurement Specialist in the implementation of procurement procedures for the program in accordance with AfDB and CGIAR requirements, as applicable;
- Prepare a Program Procurement Plan that includes the focus value chains and Enablers in close consultation with Value chain and Enabler leaders;
- Prepare and update the Value chains’ annual procurement plans to be included in the program’s quarterly and annual work plans and budgets;
- Prepare relevant inputs to standard bidding documents, such as TORs, specifications and Bills of Quantities;
- Participates in the bidding/tendering processes for the procurement of works, goods and services following AfDB and CG procurement rules and procedures as applicable;
- Collate all program technical quarterly and annual reports from the different value chains and Enablers for review and submission to the Bank;
- Assist with the organization of program management meetings and AfDB supervision missions, including the preparation of all materials required for such meetings;
- Prepare all procurement records to facilitate post-procurement reviews during supervision missions;
- Keep and maintain up-to-date procurement records in line with AfDB requirements;
- Carry out any other activities assigned by the Procurement Specialist or the Head of the Project Management Unit.
- Minimum of BSc/HND in Public or Business Administration, or Accounting/Finance or related field from a recognized university with proven track record and/or specialized training in procurement with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a procurement officer in a multilateral donor funded project or program with a procurement authority.
The ideal candidate must:
- Demonstrate ability to plan and co-ordinate, and monitor own work plans, including meeting of set deadlines.
- Be self-motivated with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Have computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Office.
- Be an excellent team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Be proficiency in English language with excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Have working knowledge of AfDB, World Bank and/or CGIAR procurement rules and procedures will be added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 25th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.