New Jobs at Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative
Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative, a microfinance institute whose Head office is located in Lagos is currently seeking to recruit the services of:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
- To monitor internal control and ensure that staff comply with the bank’s accounting system and internal control policies.
- Carry out all duties that focus on monitoring compliance with the bank’s internal control policies in the branches and units.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of the company’s bank accounts
- Ensure all outstanding transactions are posted promptly
- Ensure wrong postings of transactions are reversed
- Daily follow up with operations/tellers on outstanding transactions
- Raise exception report on a daily basis
- Check all books of account to ensure they are free of errors.
- Verify all expenses made in the branch, including price verification and certification of payment voucher.
- Check loan forms and files for adequacy, precedent to disbursement.
- Verify client’s business to confirm feasibility precedent to loan disbursement.
- Pay random visit to client site, for account reconciliation.
- Facilitate training of client before disbursement of loan and interview and attends to clients before opening of accounts.
- Ensure all KYC and KYB documents are properly filed before reconciliation.
- Check petty cash book on a daily basis.
- Monitor bank’s assets and identify any obsolete or idle assets for efficient disposal as may be required.
- Prepare compliance and control reports as may be appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as may be assigned by the Head, Internal Control.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND from a recognized academic institution in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- Minimum of Two (2) years relevant experience in related role; working in a Banking or Microfinance bank setting.
- Candidates should be willing to resume within a short notice.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability and aptitude to work with detail, precision, speed, and accuracy.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word processing.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge in existing regulatory framework and best practices in internal control and audit.
Deadline: 19th April, 2019.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: That only candidates residing in the area mentioned above should apply and only experienced candidates in a Microfinance Bank/Institute setting.