New Vacancy for Lead Services Controls Engineer at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Services Controls Engineer
Ref Id: 3263463
Location: Onne, Rivers
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- A Lead Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer’s specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements.
- They should ensure that the design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.
- This role is biased towards a Controls Engineering expertise with the expectation of being able to work remotely in the SSA region.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation.
- Prepare and approve factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Reviews, Design Calculations to establish a full Design Verification Package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan.
- Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.Check and approve layout and detail drawings.
- Review/disposition survey reports.
- Establish repair practices and engineering repair workscopes.
- Adhere to and meet Engineering work schedules.
- Liaise with Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
- Provide field support as required.
- Provide engineering support for the service of installed Subsea Production Equipment (SSPE) and provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.
- Ensure all work is conducted with integrity and in an environmentally and safe manner
- Have a basic knowledge of NDE (PMI, Dye-pen, Ultrasonic).
- Strong knowledge of Subsea Control SystemsDemonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques. Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within an engineering company.
- Desire to provide world class service to customers by aligning global teams under the service platform.
- Willingness to travel within country up to 10% of working hours.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- BEng Hons Engineering or equivalent (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes
- Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
- Able to provide problem solving in a calm and methodical manner
- Interpersonal skills working in a remote worksite with multicultural workforce
Good knowledge of:
- Hydraulic systems, symbols, schematics, etc.
- Subsea Control systems units – HPUs, UTAs, SDUs, SCMs, etc.
- Sensors (PTs, TTs) and EFLs (ODI and Siemens)
- Subsea Control systems units – MCS & SEMs,
- Basic knowledge of Well systems, Control Systems and IWOCS well heads, THs, etc.
- Working knowledge of main Standards: ISO 13628, API 17F, API 17D, NACE MR0175/SO 15156, DNV2.7.1/DNV2.7.3, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online