Ongoing Recruitment at Nuru Nigeria, 9th April, 2019 – 34 Slots
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Employment Type: Temporary Employment
Start Date: May/June, 2019
Duration: Two Weeks
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Slot: Thirty-Four (34) Openings
- The Research Assistant (enumerator) will be responsible for primary data collection during surveys, assessments and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc for Nuru Nigeria in Michika LGA.
- Support Nuru Nigeria M&E unit in the collection of primary data during surveys, assessments and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc in Michika LGA
- Ensuring that Nuru Nigeria data collection activities are carried out in line with standard guidelines.
- Perform all required data quality checks as instructed during data collection
- Proper records and documentation of all study materials.
- Daily updates on activity progress
- HND/Bachelor degree in Management, Sciences, Social Research, Development Studies, Linguistics or a related field and 6 months of experience in data collection OR
- Diploma or its equivalent Plus 5 years of experience in data collection using surveys, focus groups, or interviews
- Speaks, reads, and writes fluently in English and Hausa.
- Resident and familiarity with the terrain in the Northeast Nigeria
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and comply with ethical research in the field
- Team player with positive attitude
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to operate in both office and field settings
- Kamwe, Marghi or Fulfude fluency
- Experience using and reading maps
- Previous experience as an Enumerator or Research Assistant working with an NGOs
- Excellent computer applications skills. Particularly MS Word and Excel programs.
- Experience using Mobile data collection platforms
- Experience leading teams of enumerators
Deadline: 12th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Michika Residents are highly encouraged to apply
- Females applicants are highly encouraged to apply.