Recent Job Opportunities at Plan International, 22nd April, 2019
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilizer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Programme development & Quality Management
In collaboration with the Field Team and Project Coordinator, the Community Mobilizer will:
- Design and facilitate community mobilization/sensitization campaigns in collaboration with the EiE Officer and other team members.
- Supervise the activities of the SBMCs, and school teachers on location to ensure quality implementation of activities and ensure communities are sensitised to the programme as quickly as possible.
- Identify, report and provide on-the-job training to staff members related to community mobilization part of EiE;
- Plan and organise weekly and monthly Community mobilization and sensitization programme for the local government area.
- Orientate community stakeholders and gate keepers on community mobilization part of EiE.
- Ensure SBMCs, teachers and parents/caregivers clearly understand the selection criteria used in selecting the beneficiaries of the EiE programme.
- Participate in monitoring the attendance rate of the enrolled school children and participants of IGA.
- Participate in monitoring the attendance rate of teachers and the quality of education being given in the school in collaboration with the SBMCs.
- Mobilise community members and beneficiaries any time there is an activity or distribution.
- Ensure liaison with existing community structures, groups and individuals where possible
- Submit a weekly and monthly report of all Community Outreach activities and statistics
- Report progress and any problems in a timely manner to the Supervisor.
- Using systematic approaches gather information through the community about the program strong and weak side, on the week side take immediate action to solve.
- Attend regular EiE meetings with the team.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the project coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required
Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/ND/NCE or equivalent in Social Science, Education or related fields
- Minimum of 1year relevant working experience under response programming, humanitarian affairs or human rights.
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working with IDPs and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in Community mobilization/back to school campaign/enrolment drive
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent community mobilization skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team with limited supervision. A self-starter.
- Good analytical, problem solving and project planning skills
- Able to communicate clearly and strategically with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of Plan. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Strong capacity building/training/coaching/mentoring skills with communities and internal and external staff
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong command of both written and spoken English and Hausa
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Deadline: 23rd April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.