Recent Job Vacancies at Danish Refugee Council (DRC), 25th April, 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Contract type: Expatriate contract
Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension, subject to funding and Performance.
Availability: As soon as possible
- We are currently looking for a highly skilled Chief of Party to play a role in ensuring timely, effective and efficient implementation of the Small Town WASH activity.
- He/She ensures effective and efficient day to day project cycle management of the project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
About the job
- This position is contingent upon award and approval by USAID.
- Ensure delivery of the Small Town WASH activity in accordance with project implementation strategy and workplan, with a high level of focus on quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Ensure that detailed implementation and spending plans are up to date and implemented.
- Work with technical staff to ensure that all project activities are properly planned and budgeted and implemented in a timely manner and to budget.
- Ensure high quality and timely internal and external narrative and financial reporting in compliance with internal procedures and donor requirements.
- Ensure continuous communication and oversight of the Small Town WASH activity project staff across the different implementation areas and make regular field visits and reports.
- Provide guidance to the programming team by applying critical, innovative, problem-solving and forward-looking thinking and planning to programme design and implementation.
- Encourage quality of work, innovation, and strategic/critical thinking in planning, implementing and learning from activities
- Ensure strong focus on monitoring, documentation, evidence collection and learning.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate each of DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: ** you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least (10) years of demonstrated experience on similar donor funded projects, preferably experience on USG funded activities
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience with successful water and sanitation projects
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of interacting with other projects, high-leveL; host country governments and international agencies
- Must have a proven track record of working effectively with diverse groups of civil society organizations, media and government counterparts
- An advanced Degree or post-graduate Degrees in Water Resource Management or Engineering, Public Administration/Management or other relevant fields or engineering, public administration/management or other relevant fields.
- Have demonstrated experience in institutional strengthening, capacity building and market-based approaches to services
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for national staff conditions in the respective Country. This position is under Employment band M.E level 2
Deadline: 1st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should submit a short Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Applications must be sent via our online recruitment system by clicking on the above link
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this role, kindly note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis.