Recent Jobs at International Rescue Committee (IRC), 30th April, 2019
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Requisition ID: req4816
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant handles all cash payments and collections outside the office and recording the cash account on a daily basis.
Cash and Bank payment processing:
- Maintain Naira cash book at the set limits; take responsibility of any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that all cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the requests for payments are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart
- Prepare the cash spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review by the FM prior to upload in SUN system.
- Performing supervised cash counts every Fridays.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies
- Ensure all cash received is duly receipted and coded and promptly banked
- Each month stamp original documents “PAID or RECEVED BY IRC” before sending to Abuja.
- Maintain bank information file
- To act as a bank agent for the Monguno Base Office.
- Collection of bank statements from the bank on a monthly basis.
- Ensure checks in the register are recorded sequentially. Separate the Naira and USD checks to maintain sequence.
- Diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed checks are collected by vendors and signed for (ensuring proper identification of the person collecting) and details indicated in the checks release register.
- Provide timely update to supervisor on reason for uncollected checks.
- Prior to filing ensure that all documents have been stamped ‘PAID’ including the check number details.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
- All files should be arranged sequentially and in separately designated filing sites for checks SDG & USD
- Archiving of prior years finance documents as instructed by the FC or FM.
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor.
- To be willing and ready to participate in field staff exchange programs as organized by the FM.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
Key Contacts/working relationships.
- Reports to the Finance Officer
- Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments and field offices.
- Represents the country office with external banks.
- Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance
- Minimum one year experience in the financial area of a non-profit organization.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs, preferably SUN systems and visions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good communication skills that function across a diversity of cultures.
- Good at role of facilitator and team player in solving problems.
- The position offers programmable workload with quarterly travel to sub-offices to review/update accounting systems and train staff in the field.
- The positions is located in Monguno Base Office – situated in northeast Nigeria.
- Decision Making Authority: None
Core Values and Critical Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Cautious and attentive
- Improvement mindset
- Team player
- Proactive and reliable
- Stress tolerance
- Planning and organization skills
- Building partnership
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with limited supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online