Reporting and Communications Specialist Job at Danish Refugee Council
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporting and Communications Specialist
Location: Yola, Nigeria with regular travel to DRC Nigeria bases in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states and deep field locations
Contract length: 1 year (with possibility of extension depending on funding and performance)
Start date: ASAP
About the Job
- The Reporting and Communication Specialist is responsible for ensure that all information and data collected from the field is compiled, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for DRC Nigeria internal purposes and as per donor requirements.
- The position is also responsible to develop high-quality communication products, highlighting DRC Nigeria programme activities for external audiences.
- Under the direction of the QAM and in coordination with programme sector managers and the M&E Specialist, ensure timely compilation of programme and project data to meet internal, donor, and sector coordination reporting requirements by deadline;
- Ensure templates and processes are fit for purpose to collect relevant quantitative and qualitative information required for reporting to a range of stakeholders;
- Conduct capacity building with programme and support unit staff to ensure reporting requirements and toolkits are used effectively;
- Provide editing and quality assurance of all internal and external reports for review by the QAM prior to dissemination.
- Ensure that all grants and subsequent documents are uploaded to Dynamics timely and relevant information is updated.
- Under the direction of the QAM, develop, implement, and monitor a communication and visibility plan to facilitate better understanding among partners, donors, beneficiaries and host communities, media, the general public, and government stakeholders about DRC-DDG as an organization and programme achievements and progress;
- Act as the focal point for collecting and compiling information to produce external communication products promoting the contribution of DRC-DDG Nigeria to the crisis response, ensuring protection principles and standards are adhered to in all products disseminated publicly;
- Undertake field visits to produce creative and engaging communications products to raise awareness of the crisis in northeast Nigeria and the humanitarian response efforts of DRC-DDG;
- Provide high-quality editing of text and visual materials and products to the standard required for public dissemination;
- Maintain and update DRC-DDG Nigeria country profile documents, fact sheets, and presentations for external audiences;
- Ensure all DRC-DDG and donor visibility requirements and communications commitments are implemented;
- In coordination with the QAM, liaise with DRC-DDG West Africa regional office and headquarters communications focal points as required.
- Support programme unit to compile high quality concept papers and proposals, specially your role will be compilation of inputs and editing of concept/proposal documents
- Ensure updating of DRC Nigeria grant files for ease of reference
- Regularly update rant portfolio document, highlighting reporting timelines, as well as concept and proposal development timelines
- University degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Development Studies, Journalism, Communications or similar
- Certification or equivalent professional experience in graphic design, publishing, or similar.
- Knowledge of relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
- Highly developed skills and demonstrated capacity in editing of written and audio-visual reporting and communication products to the quality required for submission and dissemination to external audiences;
- Advanced computer literacy in publishing and design software (Office suite, Adobe, InDesign, etc), evidenced by a portfolio of communications products produced by the candidate;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context;
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high stress environment. As a person you have the ability to live and work in an insecure and high stress environment, and demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies in everything you do:
- English – fluent with capacity to produce high-quality written products for formal reporting and public communication purposes
- Hausa and other languages used in northeast Nigeria an asset, but not essential to the position
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should submit a short Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Applications must be sent via our online recruitment system by clicking on the above link
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this role, kindly note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis.