Security Officer Recruitment at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Reporting To: Business Unit Security Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
- To assist the Security Supervisors with tactical security operations at the Business Unit / Undertaking level
- Enforce security procedures and protocols at the Business unit/undertaking level.
- Carry out investigation on security breaches as may be directed
- Supervise both armed and civil guards on locations
- Gather sensitive information affecting the business and disseminate same as quickly as possible.
- Relate and manage customers issues in a professional manner
- Carry out routine assessment of risks that the business or its physical infrastructures may face and report appropriately.
- Carry out routine physical survey of IE facilities and make appropriate recommendations
- Respond to employees at risks
- Maintain security of IE physical assets against vandalism, theft etc.
- Support commercial and technical teams in their operations when security needs are required
- Carry out routine briefing on awareness to staff within your location
- Relate with the police in managing issues affecting IE business.
- Do routine reports including compilation of data on incidents recorded within your Area of Operations (AOO) etc.
- Ensure all IE facilities have standard opening and closing procedure and also ensure that all offices/facilities are closed as appropriate at the end of work
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Head of Department.
- B.Sc or HND in Social Sciences or any relevant field.
- 1-2 years field experience in a security service company
- Understanding of the peculiar security challenges of the power industry.
- Basic computer proficiency (MS Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to carry our investigation, interrogation and provide a report
- Ability to understand basic industry standard relating to protocols on control of access, management of an emergency and physical security
- Ability to identify security risks indicators including steps to take to forestall them.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to details
- Good customer relation skills
- Problem sensitivity and integrity.
Deadline: 2nd May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online