Vacancies at Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative
Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative, a microfinance institute whose Head office is located in Lagos is currently seeking to recruit the services of:
Location: Ibafo, Ogun
Job Objective & Summary
- To source for and open new accounts, disburse and manage loans and ensure full repayment as at when due
- Attracts new customers to the business and maintain an excellent relationship with clients
- Analyze potential loan markets and development referral networks to locate prospects for credit products.
- Evaluate loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness while processing loan application of successful clients.
- Ensure client relationship management and confidentiality is maintained.
- Repetitively work towards increasing client base and product’s volume of portfolio.
- Pursue the sourcing of new accounts and client/savings mobilization.
- Conducts pre-loan training, client and guarantor’s verification.
- Ensure an efficient and effective process in savings and repayment collections.
- Manage and follow up on loan to ensure prompt and due repayment, while preventing default.
- Efficiently and effectively manage defaults where they occur.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Relationship Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of Two (2) years relevant experience; working in a Banking or Microfinance bank/Institute setting.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Good sales and marketing skills
- Ability and aptitude to work with detail, precision, speed, and accuracy.
- Basic computer literacy.
Job Title: HR/Admin Assistant
- To provide administrative and HR support to all units in the organization.
- Perform administrative work, including maintaining files/staff data and sorting mail for the Human Resources department.
- Coordinate logistics for new hire orientations and employee training sessions.
- Handle all administrative matters.
- Assist in writing cheques for disbursement.
- Assist with trainings as organized by the department.
- Follow up on HR correspondence.
- Ensure staff documentation.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Human Resources.
- Minimum of OND in Human Resources, Administration or any related field is required
- Proven experience as an HR assistant, or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- He must have a strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and meticulous in approach to tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Male preferably.
- To design and supervise the implementation of an effective internal control and audit framework for the bank.
- To investigate all cases of non-compliance or infractions of internal policies and procedures or external regulatory standards, making recommendations to management as applicable.
- Design, revise or update appropriate internal control, audit & compliance strategy and framework for the ban Plan and control audit activities in line with the overall business goals and objectives within the country
- Identify control lapses/policy inadequacies through investigations for process improvement
- Design audit work plan for the year and coordinate audit activities across regions
- Oversee activities of regional audit teams for maximum effectiveness
- Carry out spot checks on operational activities at branch, area and regional levels and take action on infractions or non-compliance issues
- Receive and review all monthly regional audit and control reports and identify issues for necessary action.
- Carry out periodic stocks and staff audit in all branches.
- Carry out periodic price verification and certification and certificate of payment vouchers
- Conduct periodic checks on payroll.
- Ensure the periodic reconciliation of transaction are carried out.
- Ensure that prompt investigation of frauds, forgeries, breach of policies and procedures and serious customer complaints are conducted and necessary action taken on the outcome
- Work with Finance department and external auditors in the successful conduct of comprehensive audit exercise
- Make recommendation for policy amendments based on emerging issues in audit and internal control
- Appraises subordinates promptly and objectively, and follows up on action points resulting from the appraisal
- Takes responsibility for the training, coaching and mentoring of subordinates
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Managing Director or by the Board
- A good bachelor degree/HND in Accountancy, plus professional accounting certification. MBA or MSC will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a reputable firm, Experience in a microfinance bank setting in related role is an added advantage.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office programmes
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge of best practices in internal control and audit
- Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
- Strategic thinking
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flair for details
- Team building skills
interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com Using the Position and Location as stated above as the subject of the mail.Note: Only candidates residing in the area mentioned above should apply and only experienced candidates in a Microfinance Bank setting.