Vacancies for Accountant at Accrete Petroleum Limited
Accrete Petroleum Limited – We are a petroleum engineering consultancy that provides fit for purpose technical solutions to address numerous production objectives. Working closely with partners, we strive to deliver robust engineering solutions that provide value for our clients. Our services range from Digital oil field and Hydrocarbon Allocation software solutions to field engineering services such as Wireline and slickline services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Junior Accountant
We are seeking for an ethical and responsible candidate to join the Finance Department in our Lagos office. The job descriptions include but not limited to:
- Provide support to the Finance Manager with daily financial management and office administration.
- Assist the Finance Manager to maintain complete accounting records including completing vouchers, obtaining proper authorizations, and preparing reconciliations
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of petty cash and petty cash replenishment request.
- Support in processing financial transactions and maintaining an effective filing system for financial transactions.
- Support in monitoring bank transactions and maintaining audit trail for all transactions.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring proper tracking of project advances to staff.
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing budgets for funding proposals and annual company budget.
- Support preparation of weekly and monthly financial reports/reconciliations.
- Provide support during the conduct of the annual statutory audit.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in professional training and development.
- Perform other accounting/administrative related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division
- Not more than 28 years old by 31st December 2019
- 2- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Proficient communication and presentational skills to interact and present information to management and staff
- Must be detail focused and goal oriented.
- Self-motivated individual with effective organisational skills to work pro-actively under own initiative to ensure that deadlines are met and queries promptly resolved.
- Experience working with SAP/ SAGE or a similar financial accounting/management system preferred.
Deadline: 30th April, 2019.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com Stating “Junior Accountant” as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Only candidates who meet the requirements will be shortlisted and contacted.