Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company committed to the positive economic growth of Africa and from the get-go, founded upon the vision to redefine the image of Africa.
Welcome2Africa International develops and initiate a range of activities to catalyze and facilitate investment, trade and business/commercial interest into and across Africa – All with a current focus and commitment to the development and transformation of Africa’s Agribusiness sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Intern
- Under the supervision of the CM (Communications Manager), Welcome2Africa International is seeking a Communications Intern.
- The communications Intern position is responsible for digital marketing, social media and content creation as well as inbound/ internal communication to help enhance The W2A brand and lead generation, working alongside a flexible communication department, supporting collaboratively the marketing strategy and execution. Deliverables:
- Content writing of Initiatives/ Workshops/ Events as well as for our marketing and commercial material. Topics and calendar will be assigned at the beginning of the internship
- Report on marketing activities & established KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Events communications support, as assigned.
- Assist the fundraising efforts with research, content and design.
- Customer/ client outreach: targeting specific customer/ stakeholders/ segments aggressively through online efforts, with the objective to convert our customer-outreach communication activities into leads. This is a shared objective with the Commercial department.
- Maintain digital presence through online material, blog, and social media, tailoring the digital content to support and promote Welcome2Africa activities and efforts.
- Other ad-hoc tasks such as assisting with sales material, incl. presentations, brochures, etc. supporting our Commercial, Digital Marketing and Partnership Management activities.
What it takes
- An understanding of sustainable development trends.
- Preferably Business, Marketing, or Finance background with an interest in technology with business models, data analytics and reporting.
- An eye for details – from grammar to new business opportunities
- Self-paced and disciplined to deliver results while working remotely
- Collaboration skills
- Fluency in the English.
- Prior exposure to website design and online marketing. WordPress, Google Analytics and Google Adwords a strong plus, as well as Inbound Marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC
- Excellent copywriting and minimal graphical design skills
What You’ll Learn
- The ins and outs of sustainable business and impact investing
- Multitasking and adaptability in a startup focused on the “next big thing”
- We believe in and commit to working closely with and coaching our new team members; you provide the energy and drive; we provide the knowledge and experience.
- The art of customer support and relationship building
- Teamwork and project management skills important to any career
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 10th May, 2019.