The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Analyst – BMATT Nigeria
Job ref.: 15/19 ABJ
Grade: B3 (L)
Start Date: 15th May 2019
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Job Subcategory: MOD (Ministry of Defence)
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Main Purpose of Job
- This is an exciting role within British Military Advisory & Training Team (BMATT), working to support both the Nigerian Government and inward investment from the UK across a number of different sectors.
- The role will be based in Abuja, Nigeria contributing to work being delivered by BMATT and British Defence Staff (BDS) West Africa.
- The successful candidate will work within BMATT, reporting to the BMATT Chief of Staff (COS) and BMATT Programme Leads.
- They will deliver a variety of analytical projects in support of BMATT activities in Nigeria to fulfil Conflict Security and Stability Fund (CSSF) strategy for Nigeria.
Roles and Responsibilities
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Analyse the delivery of various military capacity-building CSSF projects in the North East.
- Ensure project work is joined up across BMATT and with other HMG actors providing solid strategic outlook.
- Measurement of Effect and Lessons Learned Analysis.
- Develop good working relationships with the BMATT programme Leads and other stakeholders.
- Feed into the development of future BMATT programme work. Evaluate success.
- Provide needs analysis to BMATT Project Leads and Commander BMATT.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Analytical Skills, Conduct and Analyse Surveys
- At least 3 years experience on Project Management and delivery in an International Environment with Government or the NGO sector.
- 3 years experience working at an equivalent level with a comparable organisation.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Resilience, Flexibility and ability to deliver quality under pressure and strict timelines.
- Experience of working in security sector reform or with the military. The ability to work as part of a busy creative team, as well as willingness to provide support to team members needs be.
- Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Delivering at Pace, Engaging Internationally, Demonstrating Resilience
Starting monthly salary: N610, 536
Deadline: 15th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-frameworkPlease note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.