Administrative Assistant Job at Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA)
Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) was inaugurated in Maiduguri, Borno State, in 2009 as a response to the insurgency in northeastern Nigeria. The organization was formally registered with the federal Corporate Affairs Commission in 2016. It was initially conceived as a flexible association of independent grassroots researchers from different professions and backgrounds spanning the country’s six geopolitical zones. This collective was engaged in the monitoring and documentation of Nigeria’s perennial intra-communal conflicts and religious disputes. The goal was to create an evidence-driven resource for the government, development partners, academics, and researchers to make enlightened decisions on sustainable solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Commencement: 6th June, 2019
Contract period: 12 months
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare and manage correspondence, memos, reports, presentations, and emails to partners, funders or other related offices or agencies in relation to GRA operations and all correspondence coming into GRA
- Make logistic arrangement including flights reservations, hotel and vehicle arrangement for project staff, visitors/partners, donors, consultants, volunteers and interns
- Take minutes of GRA meetings and ensure proper documentation
- Update the filling system and manage filing the office documents for both hard and electronic copies
- Monitor and document staff time sheets and leave requests
- Conduct procurement of stationery for staff, meetings, workshops and assets of GRA
- Ensure that the office remains well supplied with consumables, drinking water, office stationary, bathroom items etc.
- Develop and implement standards of the internal and external tidiness of GRA office and maintain the organization’s image in line with administrative guidelines
- Ensure office reception is well managed, organized and attended to at all times, receiving guests, directing them, as well as receiving and dispatching calls (i.e. seating, visibility, notice board, tidiness, receive and dispatch faxes, mails, documents and reports as appropriate etc.
- First Degree in a relevant field.
- Human resources or administrative qualifications desirable
- 2 years of relevant professional experience in administration / human resources
- Previous experience working with NGO, preferably in the Admin / HR sector
- Previous team experience and knowledge of team dynamics desirable
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills, able to work under pressure and manage personal stress
- Strong organizational and time management skills, team-player but also able to work independently
- Able to coach and support others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate, self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Able to cope with basic living conditions during field trip
- Good understanding of Hausa will be an added advantage.
The successful candidate will combine good understanding of HR and Admin, and a can-do attitude. Ideally she/he will have previous experience working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts.
Deadline: 3rd June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications; Cover Letter and CV, as single PDF document addressed to the Executive Director, GRA via:email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage residents in Borno and surrounding to apply for this position