Adexen Recruitment Agency has been mandated by one of its clients in the beverages industry to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Buyer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Develop and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing.
- Supervise and support the activities of purchasing and procurement across all departments.
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity.
- Manage every aspect of the procurement as a part of the supply chain to evade obstacles to promote efficiency.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Perform cost analysis, set appropriate benchmarks and coordinate deliveries.
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate procurement partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Approve and coordinate the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Track key functional metrics to reduce time and improve effectiveness.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.Sc Degree in Management or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 10 years’ working Experience with supply chain management, procurement, logistics or business administration.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Manufacturing or Food and Beverage sector with at least 3 years in a leadership position.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Strong CAPEX proficiency.
- Experience sourcing Filling Machines.
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.