Control Engineer Trainee Recruitment at Baker Hughes, May, 2019
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Control Engineer Trainee
Ref Id: 3283456
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
- As part of our local content commitment, The Control Engineer Trainee will support the Service Director in the execution of the Agreement.
- The Control Engineer Trainee will take primary responsibility for the management of all controls related covered equipment, including the interface between the Mk V &Vie and any other software and hardware environment.
The Control Engineer Trainee’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities in conjunction with the Owner.
- Assist the Owner with regular reviews of maintenance activities associated with the control aspects of the Covered Units.
- Forward and discuss any controls systems related TIL’s to the Owner; and plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations.
- Respond to the Owner’s technical inquiries utilizing GECS and Oil & Gas technical support services.
- Provide information regarding the latest advancement in CM&U opportunities to the Owner and assist with implementation of any recommendations.
- Work with BHGE & Owner’s Site teams to develop maintenance schedules associated with the control systems, which optimize Covered Unit reliability and availability.
- Maintain a documented history of all control system changes or modifications for the Covered Units.
- Support the Owner’s operation & maintenance staff with diagnosing and resolving maintenance or operational problems on the Covered Units.
- Assist in diagnosis and resolving control problems which cause or may potentially cause negative impacts on LNG production.
- Partake in on-the-job training of Owner’s operation & maintenance staff.
- Graduate degree in relevant field and with national service discharge (if applicable)
- Authorized to work in country full-time and without restriction
- Good knowledge on MKV, MKVI or MKVIe Control Panel on Heavy Duty Gas Turbines, compressors & other rotating equipments for troubleshooting faults and start-up units after interventions etc.
- Good knowledge on site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements
- Strong knowledge in unit control panel (UCP), motor control center (MCC), direct current panel (DCP) and fire-fighting system installation and commissioning
- Strong knowledge in field devices, instruments and actuators (servo-valves, thermo elements, transmitters etc…)
- Ability to handle special tools like pressure pump, multi-meter, frequency generator, oscilloscope and field generator (MicroCal).
- Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (wiring diagram, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc…)
- Write accurate professional reports.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online