Current Job Vacancies in a Manufacturing Company – Sango Ota
4 Quarters Consultants Limited – Our client, a manufacturing company in Sango Ota, Ogun State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solvent Laminating Machine Operator / Solvent Based Laminating Machine Operator
- Candidates should have knowledge of operating of Solvent Based or Lamination Machine in Packaging Products Manufacturer Industry.
- Must have at least 2 years working experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Ability to multitask.
- Team work.
- Minimum of SSCE.
Job Title: Rotogravure Printing Machine Operator
Should be able to:
- Set up or operate various types of printing machines, such as offset, letterset, intaglio, or gravure presses or screen printers to produce print on paper or other materials.
- Blend and test paint, inks, stains, and solvents according to types of material being printed and work order specifications.
- Correct misprinted materials, using materials such as ink eradicators or solvents.
- Examine job orders to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production times, stock specifications, colors, and color sequences.
- Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications, and external defects.
- Input instructions in order to program automated machinery, using a computer keyboard.
- Load, position, and adjust unprinted materials on holding fixtures or in equipment loading and feeding mechanisms.
- Monitor feeding, printing, and racking processes of presses in order to maintain specified operating levels and to detect malfunctions; make any necessary adjustments.
- Monitor stocks of materials such as paper, ink, and metal in order to maintain supplies during equipment operation.
- Operate equipment at slow speed to ensure proper ink coverage, alignment, and registration.
- Pack and label cartons, boxes, or bins of finished products.
- Pour or spread paint, ink, color compounds, and other materials into reservoirs, troughs, hoppers, or color holders of printing units, making measurements and adjustments to control color and viscosity.
- Reposition printing plates, adjust pressure rolls, or otherwise adjust machines to improve print quality, using knobs, handwheels, or hand tools.
- Select and install printing plates, rollers, feed guides, gauges, screens, stencils, type, dies, and cylinders in machines according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Set and adjust speed, temperature, ink flow, and positions and pressure tolerances of equipment.
- Accept orders from customers, calculate and quote prices, and receive payment.
- Attach cloth to take-up rollers, placing it in feeding position and threading it through equipment as necessary.
- Clean and lubricate printing machines and components, using oil, solvents, brushes, rags, and hoses.
- Coordinate printing activities with activities of workers who set up, clean, and feed machines.
- Direct and monitor activities of workers feeding, inspecting, and tending printing machines and materials.
- Maintain records of goods produced, supplies used, production costs, and machine maintenance and repair activities.
- Monitor and control operation of auxiliary equipment used to assemble and finish products.
- Place printed items in ovens to dry or set ink.
- Place spools of thread or wire on holders, and thread through machines.
- Position knives at specified distances from edges of plastic material in order to trim excess material from edges.
- Pour ink into pans, and smooth paint onto stencils, using flat-bladed knives.
- Prepare and treat lithographic plates with various chemicals to clean and preserve plates and fix images.
- Provide assistance in the design and layout of forms and materials to be printed.
- Repair, maintain, or adjust equipment.
- Requisition supplies, materials, and equipment, and receive stock when it arrives.
- Squeeze or spread ink on plates, pads, or rollers, using putty knives, brushes, or sponges.
- Thin printing compounds, using specified thinners.
- Apply glue or tape to holes in screens in order to repair leaks.
- Measure screens, and use measurements to center and align screens in proper positions and sequences on machines, using gauges and hand tools.
- B.Sc, OND, HND qualification
- With at least 2 years experience.
Job Title: Offset Press Machine Operator
Location: Sango Ota, Ogun
- Answers questions from district employees and vendors for the purpose of providing general information and/or status inquiries.
- Assists district employees, parents, etc. with the design and production requirements for duplicating jobs (e.g. recommend paper, review layout, evaluate costs, etc.) for the purpose of meeting requester’s needs in the most cost effective and viable manner.
- Attends meetings, trainings, and/or workshops for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Calculates resource requirements for both processing time and materials (e.g. preparation and production time, etc.) for the purpose of establishing workload priorities.
- Coordinates services provided by outside vendors (e.g. specialty printing (multicolor, oversized, etc); requisition (service/lease agreement) services) for the purpose of maintaining equipment and meeting production needs.
- Inspects completed jobs for the purpose of ensuring work meets requested specifications, quality standards and quantity requirements.
- Inventories supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of products required to complete the job.
- Maintains printing machines, high speed copying machine, bindery equipment, tools, supplies and work area for the purpose of ensuring a safe work environment and the availability of equipment and supplies required to complete work requests.
- Maintains work production and recharge records (manual and computer) for the purpose of projecting equipment and supply requirements and ensuring the accuracy of departmental billing.
- Performs mailroom responsibilities including the usage of postage equipment (e.g. receive, sort and distribute regular and bulk mail, affix postage to outgoing mail; weigh mail) for the purpose of ensuring that district mail is processed timely and appropriately.
- Performs minor repairs and routine maintenance to printing and bindery equipment for the purpose of maintaining bindery machines and equipment in good working condition.
- Prepares completed jobs (e.g. binding, collating, shrink-wrapping, etc.) for the purpose of packaging jobs for distribution.
- Must be Male
- Leave in Ota and its environs
- Have the necessary qualification for the job
- Must have previously worked with Veepee, Primepack, Bhojraj, Salient, Sonnex, Studio Press Nigeria, Stallion Shonghai Packaging, Mapple Leafes etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.orgUsing the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.