Data Centre Network Engineer Vacancy at MainOne Cable Nigeria
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Centre Network Engineer
Location: MDXi (Lekki Data Centre)
Job Type: Permanent
Years of Experience: 5-7 years
- The Data Centre Network Engineer will monitor the MDXi Tie-III Carrier Neutral Data Centre Network Infrastructure, and provide specific update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
Other job functions include:
- Identify and provide second level support on all escalated faults on the MDXi network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management.
- Install, implement and maintain long-lasting Data Centre Network Solutions.
- Deploy, configure and maintain the Data Centre switches, routers and firewalls.
- Support and ensure that all applicable security standards – including the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) are duly complied by for quality assurance purposes.
- Ensure 100% Compliance in establishing the networking environment, designing system configurations, directing system installations, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Provide Network Intelligence support for the Building Management System.
- Set up remote POP for Customers and Third Party provider in the Data Centre with project documentation and process maps which include managing of all network services defined in the service Catalogue and ensure achievement of respective Operational Level Agreements and Service Level Agreement are met.
- Implement the Provisioning of Customers services ranging from IP, OSP and Transmission extended services at the Data Centre and ensure proper documentation of all network services and communication process/procedures and configuration items.
- Ensure monthly/quarterly Security scan for Vulnerability check on the Data Centre Network Infrastructure and all vulnerability is closed out.
- Ensure that all escalated Data Centre network related tickets are resolved within agreed timelines and handled professionally.
- Manage and maintain the structured cabling within the Data Centre.
- Ensure standardisation and regular update of all documentation using the DMS system and in line with corporate policy.
- Adhere to Change management procedure for Service/Network Change implementation.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
Qualification and Skills:
- HND/B.Sc. in Computer/Electronics or Telecommunication.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in related field.
- CCNA and CCNP Level Expertise.
- Good knowledge of networking and server technologies.
- Technical & Professional proficiency.
- ITIL qualification is an added advantage.
- Customer Service.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving.
- Self-management skills and team work.
- Relationship management.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure.
Demand on the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long and odd hours.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal or no supervision.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online