Terre des hommes (Tdh) is leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, Child Protection and Education sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Logistics and Administrative Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The field Log and administrative officer is providing support to the Monguno Field Office by processing accounting operations, following-up Administrative Human Resources issues, supporting for all logistical activities.
- The field Log and administrative officer will work in close collaboration with the Log coordinator and Deputy Finance coordinator and under the direct supervision of the Admin, HR Deputy Manager.
Responsibilities & Task
Activities related to Administration
Administrative management of personnel:
- Organize local travels with coordination office
- Welcome and participate in administrative & logistic briefing of new personnel
- Assist the admin department for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Support regarding the organization of the recruitment: call for interview & tests
- Participate in the organization of training
- Support on the archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Tdh employees
- Collect all HR document on time for all Monguno Staff & Volunteers: attendance sheet, contract, leaves requests, CoC, AIC … and send it to HR coordination office once a week
- Assist the management team in the organization and conduct of meetings
- Participate in the application of HR and admin policies
- Under responsibility of the Finance coordinator and in collaboration with the HR & admin department officers assure the payment of the volunteers
- Act as focal point for any HR questions from the team and display the questions / concerns to the HR coordinator
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR datas & information
Treasury / accounting / management:
- Physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes within location
- Manage and follow up the payments in location within established guidelines, if applicable.
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Keep accounting codes
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- List liquidity needs in concert with the Deputy finance coordinator
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
Activities related to Logistics
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Respect and implement Tdh purchase procedures
- Verify and process quotation requests and purchase requests/purchase orders
- Compose and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
- Disseminate the movement plan to all drivers
- Ensure that the vehicle equipment kit is available in all vehicles
- Check that vehicle logbooks are in place and are used correctly
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Carry out an inventory of equipment present on his / her base
- Assist in installing and securing materials / Equipment
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining materials
- Aid in the organization of training sessions in the use of communication means.
Stock / Premises Management:
- Carry out regular stock checks and physical inventories when it applies.
- Ensure/Supervise the basic maintenance of premises (office and guesthouse)
- Inform on the needs for staffs
- Deliver requested items to requesters.
- Performs other relevant tasks as assigned by the Admin, HR department Work in close collaboration with the finance & log team. Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
- University Degree, in related field (HR or business management or log)
- Minimal 1 year of experience in Admin & HR management in a large non-profit or corporate multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated understanding of HR technical areas, such as compensation and benefits, employment, job evaluation, salary administration, performance management and personnel development
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and Outlook
- Required: Proactive, autonomy, rigorous, organized, planning, analytical, clear communication, work under pressure, ability to facilitate change, persuade and negotiate to reach acceptable compromise/solutions among all levels in the organization
- Desirable: willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Fluent in English and Hausa and Kanuri… (written and spoken)
- Valid driving license is a plus
- Alignment with the values, vision and mission of Tdh
Deadline: 26th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ensure to attach their updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Qualified differently abled people are highly encouraged to apply.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.