TTC Mobile is competent Telecom Training, Digital Marketing Training, and Entrepreneurship training in Nigeria; a foremost IT & telecommunication engineering training company in Texas USA and Lagos Nigeria, with a number of IT Courses, Telecommunication Engineering Courses, Digital Marketing Courses, Entrepreneurship Courses that lead to telecommunication jobs and other kind of jobs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSP Supervisor (FTTH Out-Side-Plant)
Department: Engineering, Projects Office
Directly Reports to: Team Lead, Projects and Head of Projects.
Directly Supervises: Project Contractor
- Effectively supervise out-side-plant projects, namely: High Streets, Estates and BB Extensions into MTU/MDU.
- Comply with all project execution procedure, namely;
- Proper studies of project award documents (Design Plan, BOM, Splice Plan, Link Budget Calculator, and HLDesc) immediately after you receive project assignment order.
- Ensure project kick off meeting happens no more than 48hrs after project is assigned to you and that contractor SUBMITS program of work immediately after.
- Prepare a project material list and confirm all required project materials is available in store long before the material is actually needed on site.
- Escalate unavailable materials to your Team Lead for immediate procurement action.
- Confirm all network backend connections/resources are available and active for link commissioning long before the project reaches the commissioning phase.
- Escalate backend connection issues that may delay link commissioning to your Team Lead for immediate action long before the commissioning phase.
- Distribute notification letters to residents of project location/streets at least a week before project civil works commences.
- Facilitate meeting with Estate Manager & Contractor to agree on work method before Estate civil works commences. Alsensure Estate Manager notifies residents about the project before civil works starts.
- Review quality of materials supplied to site by contractor (e.g. PVC, HDPE, GI pipes, e.t.c) and ensure they meet required standards. Reject sub-standard materials and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Observe quality of civil and cabling works (handhole, Trench depth, cabling process, splicing and splice management, special surface excavation and replacement, e.t.c) and ensure they meet company standards. Stop sub-standard works and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Effectively monitor projects to ensure contractor compliance with design scope (approved quantity), program of work (agreed resource/time) and work method (approved quality).
- Team Lead will measure your performance on effective project monitoring by tracking your compliance:
- Daily Work SMS submissions,
- Weekly project update reporting,
- Attendance in weekly project meetings,
- Accurate & Timely red-line drawing submission, Accurate &; Timely Splice-MST report submission.
- Variations to design and scope plans MUST be escalated back to the office and approved before they are implemented on site.
- Troubleshoot, Analyze, Identify &; Resolve faults that may delay link commissioning.
- Submit Accurate Splice-MST report sheet and Accurate Red line Drawings 48hrs after project completion.
- Actively participate in the audit exercise of completed projects and ensure project snags are cleared before Audit.
- Provide support to the engineering team where necessary and as defined by the Head of Projects or your Team Lead.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
- Project Delivery & Quality Assurance: Contractor compliance with work scope, work plan and work method.
- Reporting: Timely submission of reports (Daily work SMS, Weekly project updates, Splice-MST sheets, Quality Checklist, Red Line Drawings).
- Accuracy of Splice-MST Sheets.
- Accuracy of Red Line Drawings.
- Problem Solving:
- Effective problem solving skills,
- Ability to manage & resolve challenges on site e.g. access issue, fibre and MST connection issues, negotiation skills with construction companies/local communities/”area boys”/regulatory authorities/other service operators (PHCN, PTOs, Water board, Gas Companies, e.t.c.).
- B.Sc or HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics, Project Management, Applied Sciences/ any other related discipline.
- Over 2 Years OSP Supervision Experience.
- Knowledge of major fibre routes across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt Metro.
Skills Knowledge Personal Attributes:
- Proficient use of fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Proficient in the use of design softwares e.g. AutoCAD, Visietc
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email application.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
- Over 2 years of sound OSP Supervision experience in a Telecoms firm.
- Understanding of fibre terminologies, fiber cable management, and fiber link power budgeting.
- Understanding of FTTH architecture and PON/GPON Networks.
- Understanding and accurate interpretation of Design drawing and As- Built drawings for fibre networks.
- A Goal getter and team player.
- Able to work under pressure & meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent people skills and street smart.
- Open to learning and willingness to share knowledge & experience with team members.
- Able to manage/supervise fibre civil works, reduce tension on site and motivate labourers/contractor personnel to accomplish assigned project task.
- Neat, articulate and respectful.
- Status: Outsourced
- Work Schedule: 8-5
- Travel requirements: Occasional
Job Title: Rigger
Job Grade: Outsourced
Reporting to: Head, Operations & Maintenance Location: Lagos
Travel Frequency: Occasional Date: 07/05/2019
Work Schedule: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- To ensure efficient service delivery to the customer and ensure customer satisfaction for all new services and support related services.
- Corporate Incident Resolution Corporate Customers: Restore service failures within 4 hours of its occurrence- Installation and commissioning of new projects.
- Incident Communication: Provide prompt feedback with information relating to activities being carried out to resolve customer service incidents.
- Preventive Maintenance Identify and Execute nodes/segment that require preventive maintenance on the network as assigned.
- Backhaul links installation and commissioning
- Execute backhaul link installations and commissioning.
- Alignment of backhaul links.
- Installation of microwave radios and alignment.
- Report Management Ensure survey reports are done and submitted timely for review.
- Ensure all status reports are done and submitted accordingly – Installation and commissioning data form.
Demonstrate (Key competencies):
- Technical Site Survey (TSS) on the microwave radio and VSAT Platforms. Using tools like GPS, Compasses and Microwave link budget software for data collection and analysis.
- Installation and Maintenance of Radios as well as Maintenance of Earthling Base.
- Installation and Maintenance of Alvarion Radios and Soma Base Station.
- Equipment retrieval, making request and returns of equipment for installation and maintenance.
- Installation and commissioning of corporate links (Hub and Sub).
- Configuration of VSAT modems (Vipersat, Comtech, EF Data and DVB).
- Report generation
- General maintenance and support of VSAT and Radio links.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Academic: School Certificate & OND/B.Sc.
- Work Experience: At least 3 Years in telecommunication industry.
- Good Mast Climbing skills.
- Termination of RF/IF cables.
- Installation of antennas and alignment.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors and members of team.
- Good knowledge of point to point links installation.
- Understanding of the base station power supply (dc and ac) architecture and earthing systems.
- Configuration skill for the integration of new and existing links.
- Good knowledge of Alvarion technology, RF and planning, connectors and antennas.
- Installations of all types of sectoral antennas.
- Installation of PDH/SDH radios.
- Tower/mast erection.
- General cable handling
- General Link Optimization, network design, planning and implementation
- Conduct path signal troubleshooting.
- Hardworking and Goal oriented.
- Enthusiastic, knowledge savvy.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com
Note: Please anyone who has applied to us, shouldn’t re apply and also the job applied for should be the subject.