Jobs at Women and Girls Advancement and Resources Centre, May, 2019
Women and Girls Advancement and Resources Centre WAG-ARC is a youth-led organization with background and understanding of felt needs and aspirations of marginalized young people.
WAG-ARC is committed to implementing interventions that promote social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication using the Human Rights Based Approach. This is done via our Innovation Lab that tries to understand young people’s struggles in leadership, active citizenship, employment etc and being able to demonstrate change possibility within the Nigeria wider context and this is done via VOICE Innovation Lab: Youth to Youth Flagship for Social Change.
We are recruriting to fill the position below:
Job Title: VOICE Ambassador
About the Programme
- WAG-ARC is implementing a two -year grant from VOICE Project, to amplify the unheard voices of the most marginalized and discriminated youth in the society
- Are you Young? Do you have experience working with other young people? Are you passionate about proferring solutions to social issues around you? Can you turn strategy into reality?
- If so, then apply to become a VOICE Ambassador.
- As an Ambassador, you will be responsible for driving the agenda of our Youth2Youth Flagship Network for Social Change aimed at addressing unemployment, and empowering the marginalized and discriminated, and promoting youth active participation in governance.
Expected Engagement from Participants:
- Monthly Reflection meetings
- Mid Term Sharing and Review
- Final Reporting
Eligibility & Criteria
- Must be a Nigerian
- Should be between 18 and 35 years old (female and male)
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment on youth empowerment for social change
- Develop a project idea that challenges policies and practices that fuel inequality and injustice amongst Nigeria youth (a little funding will be provided to implement the idea)
- Time commitment
- Application based screening
- Personal Interview (only short-listed candidates)
- Announcement (successful candidates)
- Award of seed-grant
Deadline: 31st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online