AfricaWorks supports the development of African expertise through building access to work, networks, and skills training. We believe that the most promising solutions to Africa’s challenges come from the best minds on the continent, rather than from the outside.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Researcher
- The role of the researcher is to track down experts within specified parameters, and input the data into a unified database.
- Locating African experts for specified skills areas on Nigeria and Ghana
- Identifying sources of expertise and chasing down the data
- Assembling and inputting the correct data for each field of the database
- Cleaning and verifying the data
- Being responsible for delivering against KPIs set by the project manager
- Ensuring that the work is delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Helping to develop an approach for curating the data
- Maintain close working relationship with the Project Manager
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- The successful candidate will be highly creative in looking for data, leveraging networks and contacts, and scraping data online.
- She/he will have substantive experience in data mining, data inputting, data cleaning and data assembly. She/he will be familiar with different data collection tools, and have experience in both the curation and analysis of data.
- She/he will have worked in development for a minimum of 2-4 years, and have some understanding of monitoring and evaluating impact against recognised key performance indicators (KPIs).
- The successful candidate will be hard-working, with excellent problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail, and advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Deadline: 6th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV/Resume and a one-page Cover Letter stating your interest and why you think you would be the best candidate to: email@example.com
Note: The project period is between April and September 2019 and the work is expected to last approximately 50 days. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.