Latest Job Vacancies at Apata & Ascott Limited, 2nd May, 2019
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cinema Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
He or She will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensuring that the cinema comply with health and safety legislation
- Recruiting, training, managing and appraising staff
- Promoting and marketing films
- Keeping financial and statistical records
- Writing reports and financial forecasts
- Making sure that excellent customer service is provided
- Dealing with customer inquiries and complaints
- Maintaining cinema standards
- Maximizing productivity and meeting sales targets
- Working together with agencies to ensure that housekeeping and security standards are obeyed
- Motivating all staff to do their best in performing their duties
- Evaluating the performance of the cinema staff
- Ensuring that operating and accounting procedures and standards are obeyed.
- B.Sc/ HND in Business Administration, Business Management or other related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in Cinema or Entertainment Industry.
- Must be strategic in thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills with strong focus on result
- Excellent in verbal and writing communication,
- Must be self-confident with commercial awareness.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent in Cinema business and IT skills
- Ability to endure a deadline driven setting.
- As the Business Manager, you are responsible for the planning and execution of all operational aspects and the day to day control of the Cinemas business to meet sales and performance standards across all cinema.
- Plan and execute operational procedures to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of all cinema
- Perform duties and supervise Theatre Managers and F&B Managers in all aspects of operations including Box Office, Concessions, retail, coffee shop, lounges, ushering and projection.
- Develop, set, review and monitor uniform standards, operational practices, company policies, hygiene, quality standards and ensure they are adhered to.
- Ensure efficient and effective deployment of staff to provide service standard and manage business levels.
- Continuously review all aspects of the operations to maximize customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and effectiveness, enhancement of sales, profitability and standards.
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring the effective training and development of all managers and staff including succession planning.
- Ensure all day to day accounting and financial controls are fully operational.
- Liaise with marketing staff in the preparation of advertising and marketing plans and ensure full support from operations.
- Set and ensure all procedures are followed and be responsible for monitoring and updating quality procedures, carryout operational audits.
- In Liaison with the company Health & Safety Manager set all emergency and health and safety procedures and ensure they are fully implemented.
- Receive reports on all relevant events for the information of the senior Management, General Manager and investigate all events and take corrective action as required.
- Ensure effective, preventive maintenance programmes are carried out for all cinemas
- Manage key performance indicators
- Assist in setting up new operations and plans to develop the business.
- Monitor through Theatre Managers and chief projectionist to ensure excellent presentation and filming screening standards.
- Must have minimum of strong eight (8) year Cinema experience
- Experience of working within a team environment
- Experience of Planning and scheduling skills
- Must be Flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Experience of leading and managing a large team
- Excellent leadership, managerial and organization skills
- Able to make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- In-depth understanding of the company and its position in the industry
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potentials clearly and confidently
- Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
- Demonstrable analytical thinking & business insight.
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns within set budgets, with senior managers.
- Produce marketing material including weekly film times, brochure, flyers and posters.
- Carry out all digital marketing including regular e-newsletters, daily website updates and social media
- Arrange distribution of all marketing material.
- Work with local businesses, sponsors and other external parties as required.
- Use all available resources (including box office system, Google Analytics etc) to track performance and identify marketing opportunities.
- Conduct customer research and focus groups and report back to senior managers.
- Contribute ideas to every marketing programme.
- B.Sc./HND in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Cinema marketing strategies
- Proven experience as marketing specialist in cinema or similar role
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite & CRM)
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com