Latest Vacancies at Multichoice Nigeria, May, 2019
MultiChoice South Africa’s activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business (“DStv”), which has been in operation since 1995.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Purpose of the Position
- The purpose of the role is to support the Finance department in analysing and understanding underlying trends and business performance drivers, with a view to enable accurate planning, forecasting and budgeting, as well as ad hoc scenario planning and analysis
- The ideal candidate will have strong financial modelling, management accounting, data analytical, database technical skills and financial modelling skills, coupled with superior communication and presentation skills.
Key Performance Objectives Tasks
Planning & Budgeting:
- Design, maintain and improve upon robust budgeting model (record trends, understand drivers, correlation, sensitivities, dependencies)
- Annual budget submission
- Formal quarterly forecasting submissions
- Rolling monthly forecasting (Qerent)
Forecasting & Modelling:
- Analytics, reporting and decision making
- Develop and maintain effective financial models
- Providing advice and objective financial analysis, enabling decision makers to take timely and informed business decisions.
- Undertake appropriate financial analysis and evaluation of capital projects
- Ensure that financial forecasts are timely and relevant to the recipients.
- Carry out postinvestment reviews to assess the quality of financial information being provided and the accuracy of forecasts related to investment
- Apply appropriate benefit realisation measures to financial strategy initiatives.
- Big Data
- Track and analyse margins, inventory cost, COPS, SGA, Subscriber numbers, Churn statistics, etc.
- Scenario building (budgets, campaigns, promotions, economic changes, etc)
- Competitor analysis
Ad hoc Analytics:
- Ad hoc (e.g. price changes stress testing, new entrants, etc)
- Any other financial analysis required by management
- Supervise team
- Establish team goals
- Facilitate discussion groups
- Manage and coordinate the activities of agents including employee development, performance evaluation
- Ensure agents are equipped with the necessary work tools to function appropriately
- Carry out timely performance interventions to motivate team to exceed sales expectation.
- CIMA, ICAN preferable, with database / Excel proficiency
- A minimum of 5 years in a Financial analyst role.
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge
- Financial analysis experience
- Management capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Strong negotiator
- Commercial experience
- Operational know how and ability
- Knowledge of contract law
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Support
- Analytical Thinking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online