Job Title: Maintenance Manager
- Successfully raise layers from Day old up to their end of laying cycle while achieving very minimal mortality and excellent egg production.
- Have experience rearing commercial broilers from day old till cull at 8 weeks meeting expected body weight of 2kg
- Ensure birds have access to food and water.
- Walk through the house to Identify sick or injured birds.
- Demonstrate and directly manage poultry ranging paddocks and shelters.
- Ensure that designated protocols are followed for care,feeding,watering,pasturing,bedding,and sheeltering of birds.
- Manage and direct all aspects of processing,including maintaining communications and schedules with processor,product quality control and training of crews and supervision of protocols for tthe treatment of birds.
- Utilize proper bio-security standards when entering and exiting houses.
- On layer farms, assist with egg collection, washing and sorting
- On layer farms, assist with putting eggs in crates
- Control temperature of houses for ultimate bird comfort
- Conduct maintenance on the house and watering/heating system as needed
- Control house lighting to meet bird needs
- Maintain high standards of bird welfare.
- The ideal candidate must be honest, reliable and should be able to manage all aspect of the farm without supervision.
Deadline: 31st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.