Monitoring and Evaluation Manager – Damaturu Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Emergency Coordinator
- Lead the operationalization of M&E systems for Action Against Hunger RRM programs to ensure compliance with donor and Action Against Hunger M&E standards.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate utilization of AAH M&E systems to guide project start-up, implementation, adjustment, accountability and learning in compliance with Action Against Hunger’s M&E Guidelines and Minimum Requirements for M&E.
- Propose necessary adaptations to standard M&E systems and processes for streamlining in the aim of RRM programming.
- Design and implement a robust complaints response and feedback mechanism and accountability framework that can be integrated within the RRM modality. Ensure that issues raised through these mechanisms are managed appropriately, professionally and in a timely manner to best serve the needs of beneficiaries and as well inform any necessary adaptation of project design.
- Ensure the utilization of a central information management system platform by Project managers for project management and reporting while ensuring timely feedback on project progress.
- Operationalize the use of mobile data collection systems and other technologies to strengthen the monitoring and reporting of activities
- Ensure appropriate utilization of feedback mechanisms; ensure complaints are appropriately investigated and addressed based on Action Against Hunger standard operating procedures.
- Support trainings to staff of projects and partners on monitoring and reporting through on the job training, coaching and organized sessions.
- Develop ToRs and data collection tools for baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and end of project reviews/evaluations in line with the needs and constraints of RRM programming.
- In collaboration with the regional M&E coordinator and field teams, lead in the preparation of comprehensive M&E plans for each RRM action to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support the implementation of M&E and to identify milestones and challenges where adaptations might be needed.
- Provide feedback to program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the timely and accurate acquisition, aggregation and analysis of information in programs.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of Action Against Hunger M&E tools, activities, and reporting.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with PMs and M&E staff to ensure standardized, high-quality M&E tools are developed and rolled out for each project.
- Assist programs in defining sampling and assessment methodologies.
- Promote in all projects the use of participatory data collection techniques involving beneficiaries, institutions and partners in the process.
- Undertake regular site visits and periodically monitor the design and execution of surveys and other assessments, case studies, and accountability mechanisms.
- Validate the analysis of M&E data of different projects as needed through Excel, SPSS or other statistical software and as well validate all assessment reports.
- Work closely with other technical staff in order to agree on the scope of mapping, define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, and participate in undertaking mapping.
- Support development and revision of internal and external reports, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that reports reflect an actual representation of field implementation activities and results based on M&E findings.
- Build the capacity of staff M&E through trainings, mentorships and coaching to ensure quality control of monitoring and evaluation activities.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- To support Regional M&E Coordinator and HoD to build the capacity of staff on the logical framework, M&E plans, donor M&E guidelines and data gathering, data management, data analysis and reporting to enhance resultsâ€Â�based management.
- On the job training to staff in activity planning, Monitoring and Evaluation and Information Management systems.
- Support M&E regional coordinator to build the capacity of Monitoring and Evaluation staff to analyze & disseminate regional data and conduct data quality audits as well as program staff to conceptualize the use of MIS data to influence programmatic decisions.
- To conduct and operationalize M&E capacity assessment among M&E and project staff.
- To ensure capitalization, learning and reporting of all projects activities in the mission.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Support Regional M&E Coordinator in providing feedback to the senior management team at the base level on standard indicators for nutrition, FSL, and WASH sectors
- Support Regional M&E Coordinator to organize and coordinate mid-term reviews, learning workshops/review of program work plans with nutrition, WASH and FSL team at field level and other stakeholders.
- Review documentation of project activities with a clear articulation of lessons learned, case studies and short articles for each project for internal and external sharing. Coordinate and share learning related to M&E practices at the base level,
- Manage centralized information database by regularly updating contextual information dashboard with current, explicit data and statistics to support during regional situational analysis, program updates, concepts and proposal development.
- With support from regional M&E coordinator institutionalize and document the tracking and implementation of lessons learnt and recommendations from all assessments conducted.
- Advise and update the Project Managers on all aspects of M&E regularly, including findings and recommendations.
- Ensure that lessons in planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and impact assessment are documented, shared and considered in the design of new projects and technical plans and are discussed during periodic program reviews and ultimately fed into current work and future program development.
- To represent the organization at National level and promote Action Against Hunger’s technical viewpoints, guidelines and methods of work
Tasks & responsibilities:
- To represent Action Against Hunger at the state level and where appropriate, cluster, working groups, workshops and strategic think tanks related to the department.
- To proactively collaborate with national authorities, Action Against Hunger counterparts and staff, partner agencies and consortia/alliances/partnerships.
- To ensure coherent and correct application of Action Against Hunger guidelines and policies within the M&E department and across the organization.
Internal & External Relationship
- In collaboration with Emergency Coordinator (Line Manager)
- In coordination with – Regional Sector Coordinators; DCD Humanitarian Programs
- In technical coordination with Regional M&E Coordinator (technical supervisor).
- National governmental and non-governmental partners: exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on the choice of technical options.
- Local and regional representatives of NGOs and INGOs: exchange of information
- Donor representatives.
- Cluster and other coordination forums.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, statistics, Development studies International relations, mathematics, business administration or computer science, with relevant experience in information management including data analysis and GIS in emergency or development sector.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming.
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management).
- Proven experience in a technical advisory role in monitoring and results management.
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skilful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info software’s.
- Experience on project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on activity monitoring, data management including data collection, analysis and storage.
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites.
- Experience in insecure context.
- Experience in conflict-related displacements and nutrition crisis contexts.
- Familiarity with emergency donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN, DFID, FFP…) reporting and regulations.
- Experience with market-based emergency response (ex. Cash Transfers, EMMA…)
- Understanding of social behaviour change and nutrition sensitive programming.
Gross Basic Salary
NGN 424,310 – NGN 681,350 per month.
Deadline: 29th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.