Recent Job Openings at Solidarités International, 1st May, 2019
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Team Leader
Location: Ngala, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 months
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
- The MEAL TL is the focal point for collection and documentation of monitoring and evaluation information.
- He/she supports the programme teams through monitoring, data collection, data processing, mapping and analysis of the information.
- He/she provides technical support and training to the field staffs, participates to the roll out of the accountability framework and contributes to internal knowledge building.
- He/she coordinates a team of monitoring agents for data collection, context monitoring and do no harm analysis.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Manager.
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions.
- Participate to the revision of monthly APU.
- Centralize / follow-up creation and update of monitoring plans.
- Contribute to the revision of monitoring and evaluation tools and train program team on design and proper use of it.
- Participate into data analysis and writing of monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Participate to the follow-up of recommendations.
- Propose cross cutting monitoring activities to improve the quality of the response.
- Ensure MEAL team weekly planning and follow up.
Data Management and Mapping:
- Centralize and organize all data on program.
- Support program team regarding the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires and other data collection tools.
- Provide methodological support to the programme teams to ensure timely and high quality data entry and processing.
- Provide project related figures and monitoring follow up as requested by coordination.
- Maintain a library of maps produced by SI as well as other stakeholders.
Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Follow up on the Internal Knowledge Building plan and provide data for IKB documents (activity forms etc.).
Human Resources Management:
- Participate in validating recruitment of his team.
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility.
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly.
- Evaluate the performances of his/her team members.
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her line manager and the administrative service.
- Enforce safety procedures.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team.
Reporting / Communication / Representation
- Support the coordination and program team in the preparation of visual supports needed for presentation materials.
- Participate to reinforce understanding of SI fields of action, principles and modus operandi by the program teams and populations.
- Ensure that tools and files are properly archived and secured.
- Participate into learning workshops.
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report to his/her project manager.
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack.
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields.
- Represent SI when asked to do so.
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams.
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages : English, Kanori, Haussa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks.
- Training: University degree in Statistics/Methods of Data Collection/Observational Studies.
- Competency in Excel (data input, basic analysis, etc)
- Competency in and experience with data collection tools (Kobo)
- Experience with food security and livelihood (FSL) programmes (not essential but preferable)
Salary and conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- When the above link opens, select “MEAL Team Leader Ngala”, fill the form and attach your CV.
Application Deadline 10th May, 2019.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.