Recent Job Vacancies at FHI 360, 21st May, 2019
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Requisition – 2019200947
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- This position will report to the Deputy Response Coordinator with dotted reporting lines to Associate Director, Finance at country office will be responsible for providing constant reporting to senior management on financial and budget targets. He/She will also be responsible for maintaining FHI 360 Nigeria’s accounting systems at state level, providing technical and application support for the accounting system, and trouble-shooting issues relating to the system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare pipeline reports covering all North East portfolios.
- Provide support to the Deputy Director, Finance in the forecasting, monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probabilities.
- Analyze budget patterns and project expenditures.
- Develop cash flow projections for funded and support activities.
- Ensure that expenditures for budgets, grants and contracts are monitored and the reports are prepared to maintain balance account.
- Administer the expenditure of funds, ensuring that funds are expended according to sponsoring organization’s stipulations and appropriate guidelines.
- Provide instructions and answer questions relating to budget procedures, provide budget recommendations to a wide range of issues.
- Assist in overseeing the preparation of monthly tax remittances.
- Provide support to the DD Finance in managing implementation of custom changes to the accounting system. Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls and audit trails are maintained throughout all transactions.
- Provide support to the LGA leve offices in monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Monitor budgets and financial reports for all IA sub-agreements directly managed by the field offices.
- Build the capacity of finance staff in financial management support and reporting and provide professional support to them.
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets.
- Resolve problems with state/LGA level cash advance and financial discrepancies.
- Prepare and manage cost proposals in response to RFA’s, RFP’s and unsolicited proposals for new funding opportunities as needed.
- Ensure availability of funds by reviewing Final Cost Objective (FCO)/ Award ID Code requests and enter budgets into the general ledger system.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor, to include assigning of responsibilities, conducting performance reviews, assessing and identifying development opportunities that strengthen the organizational role of Finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Routine coordination with FHI 360 employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and requirements
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 7 – 9 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role with experience in financial management and reporting.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grants or other client funded programs, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds is required.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Deadline: 29th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.