Recent Job Vacancies at IQVIA Nigeria, 24th May, 2019
IQVIA, formerly Quintiles IMS Holdings, Inc., is an American multinational company serving the combined industries of health information technologies and clinical research. It is a provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services, focused primarily on Phase I-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services, including consulting services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scientific Communication Specialist
- IQVIA is looking for a Scientific Communication Specialistfor a leading Animal Health client based in Lagos, Nigeria. Successful candidate will be expected to travel.
- IQVIA has an ambition to become the reference in health nutrition for cats and dogs. Through this ambition, we can improve the lives of cats and dogs through science-based nutrition, innovation and individualization.
- Scientific Communication has always played a critical role in the delivery of our scientific message to all our stakeholders. These stakeholders include internal stakeholders (associates of the business unit) and external stakeholders including (but not limited to) veterinarians, Universities, Key Opinion Leaders, breeders, associations, administrations, SPCAs and pet owners
- The jobholder is responsible for the deployment of the Brand scientific communication and to ensure alignment with the local market priorities.
- The jobholder is also responsible for the development and execution of training and scientific communication programs and materials (including e-learning programs) for all stakeholders to support the sales objectives and help drive our brand reputation.
Please list the most important and relevant responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy the local Scientific Communication priorities(perimeter Country/Hub)
- Develop/adapt and translate all scientific communication materials and training modules for the local market
- Develop and present technical/product/nutritional presentations to key internal and external stakeholders to disseminate information regarding IQVIA, products and pet nutrition
- Provide technical/product support to key areas of the business including Consumer Care, Regulatory Affairs and Marketing/Sales/Digital teams
- Provide relevant scientific and technical insights in potential local crisis management
Complete how the job gets done and the way it operates:
- The jobholder will report to the local Importers Business Unit and IQVIA spot/hub line manager.
- The jobholder will collaborate closely with the critical stakeholders including Global, Regional and IBU Scientific Communications Managers, and local teams including Scientific Affairs, Marketing, Consumer Care, and Regulatory Affairs.
- The jobholder will create a local strategy for Scientific Communication based on global scientific communication directives and local adaptation based on priorit ies of the local unit
- The jobholder will set up a partnership and a Vet student Ambassador program with all the Vet Universities of the perimeter.
- The jobholder will keep up to date with all products launches and veterinary/scientific information (through continuing education) needed for the role
- The job holder will contribute to facilitate the registration process of all our products by the local authorities in coordination with the IBU Corporate Affairs.
- The job holder will insure customers’ satisfaction by contributing to the follow-up of complaints through the dedicated customer care software (Vital).
- The jobholder will be responsible for creating/adapting scientific materials and modules
- The jobholder will be responsible for presenting nutritional trainings to key external stakeholders as required by the business unit (this can include but is not restricted to veterinarians, breeders, Universities, KOLs)
- The jobholder will be responsible for training internal stakeholders (associates) including but not limited to: on-boarding, new product uplift training, sales representative and consumer care teams
- The jobholder will support marketing/sales and digital teams during product launches/product focusses providing training and technical materials as required
- The jobholder will support regulatory affairs teams when product knowledge is required
- The jobholder will support consumer care teams with veterinary/product quality issues/issues management as required
- The jobholder will serve as scientific spokesperson as required
- The jobholder will provide technical/product support and represent IQVIA at local conferences/exhibitions/ Congresses.
- The jobholder will develop veterinary diagnostic services depending on local needs
- The jobholder will serve as scientific spokesperson with scientific and trade media as required
Education & Professional Qualification
- Doctor in Veterinary Medicine, Bachelor of Veterinary Science (or Equivalent)
- In clinic experience (preferably 2+ years) as practitioner
- Veterinary Industry Experience desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to work alone without close supervision but also able to function well as a team player
- Veterinary/Scientific knowledge important
- Evidence of external veterinary and scientific networks desirable
Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills (3-5):
(Distinguish any preferred competences at the end of the list & notate them as “preferred”)
- Veterinary & Scientific knowledge
- Communication skills (verbal & written)/Presentation Skills
- Ability to collaborate with various functions
- Ability to capture & leverage knowledge
- Planning and Priority Setting
- Ability to deal with pressure and retain composure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Animal Health Business Development Manager
- IQVIA is looking for a Business Development Manager for a leading Animal Health client based in Lagos, Nigeria. Successful candidate will be expected to travel.
- Business development manager is responsible for P&L of each importer in the area.
- The business development manager reports to the Importers Business Unit (IBU) Director.
- The business development manager works with the network of independent distributors and has full responsibility for deploying IQVIA’s strategy in his/her area. He/she represents the brand and the company, guaranteeing not only delivery of financial results but also governance over company strategy and principles.
- Long term perspective is to ensure progressive growth of sales, increase of distribution and improvement of brand advocacy in the assigned Markets by developing, directing, co-ordinating and controlling all sales strategy activities in the Markets.
- This position will be located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- State the minimum education, knowledge, skills and experience this position requires. State the physical and/or mental requirements for the role (e.g. stand for x hours, lift x weight, concentration on repetitive tasks). Please distinguish any “preferred” qualifications.
Note: May differ from the current job holder’s own skills and experience.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Master’s degree qualified or equivalent in a business related discipline
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a business-related discipline
- Experience in sales or marketing (3-5 years of experience), preferably in FMCG, specialized retail (pharmaceuticals for instance), pet care.
- Fluency in English is necessary.
- Culturally aware and flexible. Ideally having international experience
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative
- Strong customer orientation with ability to build relations with partners
- A proven track record in previous positions
- Well organized, excellent time management, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Business acumen and commercial awareness, analytical thinking.
- Mobility required with up to 35% travel (inside the country).
Deadline: 31st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- If you have not recieved any feedaback within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Should you meet the criteria, please submit your application. If you have any further questions, please email Thapi Mokose onMmathapelo.Mokose@quintiles.com