Research and Development Officer Job at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited
Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited started with its first production of cookies 5 years ago, desiring to cater to its immediate community. This first batch of home-made Fastizers Cookies, produced with less than N1,000, got so much positive feedback it inspired the production of subsequent batches, however still on a small scale from a home-kitchen.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Development Officer
- Research current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts.
- Design and develop products & processes while ensuring Food Safety for consumers, fulfilling regulatory requirements and complying with Fastizers Quality Policies
- Design the processes and machinery for making products with a consistent flavour, colour and texture.
- Develop new recipes as per management requirements.
- Modify existing products and processes and develop new ones
- Prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products
- Run trials of new products
- Document and report on test runs and results. Identify any potential issues or improvements to the process or formulations and discuss with management team.
- Coordinate launches of new products
- Connect and use network to develop better and faster products & processes
- Work on packaging innovation and technology
- Coordinate with external vendors for ingredients and other material needs in order to fulfill organizational needs
- Work collaboratively and develop strong relationships with cross functional teams including; QA, Operations, and Procurement to solve key business issues and drive profitable growth.
- Actively participating in and encouraging improvement initiatives that improve our win rate and improve our new product scale up.
- Maintain high accurate documentation of the product development process
- Implement quality standards for the biscuits produced
- Ensure that strict hygiene food safety standards are met and quality programs are followed.
- Seeks to continuously improve production and R&D processes through best practice.
- Check and improve safety and quality control procedures in the organization and suppliers’ factories, from the raw material stage through to the finished product
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- B.Tech Food Technology or related discipline
- Vast knowledge of biscuit/confectionery industry
- Knowledge of biscuits raw materials and processes
- Product Development
- Creative &Innovative thinking
- Must be able to multi-task working on multiple items at any time
- Packaging Development and Formulation
- Analytical analysis of ingredients.
- Excellent communication &Interpersonal skills
- Effective team player
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar role (Biscuit/Confectionery)
- Must be willing to live in Agbara or environs.
Deadline: 14th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.