Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Developer
Offer ID: 18567BR
Location: Lagos-Churchgate St(NGA)
Employment type: Graduate
Branch: Marketing & Services
Department: Human Resources Development
Affiliate (if known): TOTAL NIGERIA
Proposed start date: 1-10-2019
- Professional development for employees is a key driver of Total’s performance and is achieved through a customized career plan that considers each employee’s aspirations, skills, performance and potential.
- Total’s Talent Developers are the resources that ensure that development. Every employee, regardless of their position in the organization, receives career development support from a dedicated Talent Developer who is based alongside the workforce.
Your work with approximately 150 employees will cover Four main activities:
- Assisting Each Employee in defining a career development plan and preparing for their future career path. You will conduct career assessments and assist managers in creating individual training plans. You will draw on evaluation tools and solicit a variety of viewpoints in order to solidify each employee’s chosen career direction. Thanks to your coaching and listening skills and your knowledge of the opportunities, career paths and businesses at Total, you will be able to propose ideas and recommendations.
- Supporting Managers in the Role of Coach: You will actively promote each manager’s role as a coach by helping managers interact more effectively with their team and show their commitment to each employee’s personal development. You will provide managers with regular feedback.
- Serving as an HR Partner for the Organization:. You will conduct people reviews and advise managers on coordinating their teams. You will help to implement HR policies.
- Managing Employee Mobility: You will work with the managers to ensure that positions within your scope of activity are appropriately staffed. You will ensure the integrity, transparency and fairness of the internal mobility process.
- Education: College/university degree, Good command of French and English. International experience is a plus.
- Experience: At least 10 years of successful experience in a field with a strong HR and management focus.
- Skills: Strong ability to work independently; big-picture perspective; listening skills; ability to generate new ideas and demonstrate conviction, influence and leadership; ability to develop managers and their teams; excellent communication skills; ability to make decisions; goal-oriented
- You enjoy working with people. You are an HR professional with at least 10 years of experience, or you are switching from your original career path to HR because you are attracted to the multi-faceted challenge of helping employees develop their career potential.
- You are familiar with coaching or training.
- You like to get involved and help employees grow and develop by enabling them to clarify their own ideas while offering advice and suggestions.
- You know how to listen and how to make yourself heard.
Deadline: 17th June, 2019.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click “APPLY TO TOTAL”
- Navigate to ‘Our offers’ and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert