Vacancy for Legal Associate at Sunray Ventures
Sunray Ventures is an African venture builder, addressing Africa’s core opportunities and challenges, by building and growing high-impact companies that are leaders in their respective fields. Sunray Ventures currently works in three different verticals.
We are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The primary objective is for the Legal Associate to provide general legal support to the group’s businesses. The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Directing, coordinating and supervising groupwide legal matters,
- Monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Monitoring external counsel;
- Ensuring timely filing of statutory returns;
- Preparing legal templates required for business processes and engagements; negotiating contracts with counterparties;
- Identifying and forecasting legal risks and advising on legal risk mitigation.
- Acting as company secretary,
- Attending and maintaining of minutes in respect of group meetings;
- Providing and implementing recommendations on the group’s corporate governance framework, ensuring that the group not only adheres to legal requirements but to global corporate governance best practices;
- Liaising with regulatory and governmental institutions as required;
- Tracking and maintaining records of regulatory developments within the group’s industries, and reporting such developments to management;
- Other related activities, as may be required from time to time.
- Law degree with excellent grades
- Admission to the Nigerian bar.
- Minimum of 2 years post-call (Nigerian bar) work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. Strong preference will be given to applicants that have worked in top-tier law firms.
- Proven law firm experience and background in Nigerian law particularly power, oil and gas, employment, project financing, investment law and general corporate advisory
- Proven background on liaising with regulatory authorities in Nigeria
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office applications in particular MS Word at an advanced standard
- Experience in managing and dealing with high-profile counterparts
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- High degree of personal maturity with the ability to lead conversations and negotiate with high profile counterparts
- Ability to critically analyse complex problems and provide structured solutions
- Comfortable with working as part of a team
- Willingness to work flexible hours if necessary.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Essential benefits
- Working in a thriving, fast paced environment
- Opportunities for growth.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online