We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator with SQL Knowledge
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and repair of the organization’s database. In addition, s/he will be responsible for supporting the Oracle databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security.
- Effectively escalate identified problems to the Oracle development team and other related third-party concerned.
- Support the IT implementation team to ensure high availability of the databases.
- Monitor database performance as well as carry out database backup and recovery.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as provided by the development team.
- Ensure secure services with minimum downtime by proactively monitoring the databases.
- Control privileges and permissions to database users.
- Perform Oracle installations and monitor, tune and provide capacity planning for future expansion requirements.
- Provide regular trend analysis to the service management team, assisting in the optimal resource management/ allocation function of the team.
- Minimum of a good bachelor’s degree in: Computer Science/Electronic Engineering/other Technology-related field, Oracle certification (OCA, OCP ) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience as an Oracle database administrator; Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems is a definite advantage.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability
- Practical experience of other databases – e.g. SQL Server
- Practical experience in managing MS SQL database security
- A good understanding of key customer business challenges and strategies, with specific experience in Telecommunications Service Provider environments
- Strong technical and project management skills, must be resourceful and able to work as part of a team
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, proven presentation skills.
- A good understanding of the telecommunications industry
- Committed to continuous learning and development on the job
- Very good analytical and conceptualization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with “Oracle Database Administrator” (with SQL knowledge) as the subject.
Application Deadline 15th May, 2019.