WASSCE for Private Candidates 2019 – Second Series
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) begin conducting two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination WASSCE) for Private Candidates, in 2018. The Second Series for 2019 will be conducted between the months August and October.
The WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2019 – Second Series would mainly be an urban based examination. Thirty-Six (36) subjects will be available for the Examination. Intending candidates are advised to visit the Council’s corporate website – www.waecnigeria.org to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN
Completion of Registration
Candidates must conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card, as evidence of successful registration, which will serve as identification during the examination. The result checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that examination fees are not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration,
- Entries must be uploaded with passport photographs snapped with digital cameras. The passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG Fil only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 dbi resolution) and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items such as headgears, caps, sunglasses, veils, ets. These items MUST NOT obstruct the candidate’s face. Please note that the submission of a defaced or a poor quality photograph by a candidates would automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, please visit: www.waecnigeria.org
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC’S website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using their registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination hall.
- The entire results of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobilephone(s) and /or other electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploaded as the council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT be entertained on any Information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original photo cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must ensure they provide valid email and telephone number(s) during registration.
Candidates With Special Needs
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their challenges e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates provided they register not less than twenty four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-Candidates’ fee is Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25,000.00) only.
Registration for the Examination
Registration for the WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2019 – Second Series – will be online. After obtaining the registration PIN, candidates should log on to: www.waeconline.org.ng for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedures has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
The normal registration period is from Monday, May 27, 2019 to Friday, July 19, 2019.
Method of Payment
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N13,950) at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the registration PIN and the information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecabank Ltd
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig. Plc.
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Polaris Bank Limited
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
In addition, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.