Current Job for WASH Technical Officer at ZOA Nigeria
ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Technical Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households. Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
- ZOA currently have full team in Borno State; respond to the critical needs in Food Security and livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the Position
- The WASH Technical Officer supports the Project Manager in the implementation of WASH activities in Maiduguri/Jere LGA, Nigeria.
- He/she will report to the Project Manager on the progress of the running activities been carried and the main interface between ZOA and the targeted communities. The position is based in Maiduguri, ZOA Nigeria
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to the Project Manager in the day-to-day management of project activities
- Contribute to Project Cycle Management, including technical design, formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, writing, monitoring and reporting within the programme area;
- Ensure that water quality test results are in line with the Government and WASH Sector standards
- Make sure that WASH technical specifications and procedures based on Government and WASH Sector standards are adhered to during project design and implementation.
- Ensure protection mainstreaming in all WASH project implementation which include but not limited to site selection to borehole and latrine constructions.
- Facilitate the conduct of training for community volunteers on the maintenance and minor repairs of WASH facilities;
- Contribute in field research, needs assessments, evaluations etc, from time to time, as directed;
- Develop weekly and monthly work plans and reports. Participate in beneficiaries’ selection process to identify eligible households to benefit from project activities. .
- Coordinate closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Team to ensure smooth access to beneficiaries and vendors Support the Identification of WASH technical staff training needs and provision of practical on job trainings tailored to the identified needs
- Ensure that the beneficiaries’ are educated to speak and be heard through the Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM);
- Submit weekly and monthly work plans and reports
- Perform any other task relevant to the position as requested by the WASH project Manager
- Perform any other task reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function as requested by the WASH project Manager
- Community members, community leaders and community-based organizations;
- Relevant government authorities on a provincial/district and local level;
- National and international NGOs including the UN, ICRC, etc working in ZOA’s target areas;
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level;
- Project staff
- ZOA field office / country office staff
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- Degree/HND in Water/Civil Engineering, or other WASH-related fields from a recognized/accredited institution
- Proven working experience of at least year in project implementation, especially within the WASH Sector with knowledge of WASH hardware (maintenance & repairs);
- Affinity with relief work and International NGO’s;
- Knowledge of SPHERE minimum standard, humanitarian principles and protection mainstreaming in WASH intervention
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Knowledge of project cycle management (PCM) and humanitarian principles;
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Excellent spoken and written command of local language including Hausa and Kanuri;
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word);
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good networking skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Pioneering qualities (taking initiative);
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Salary/conditions: ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Deadline: 5:00pm 3rd July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.