Randstad is a global leader in the HR services industry. By combining our passion for people with the power of today’s intelligent machines, we support people and organizations to realize their true potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Pursuit Manager
Reference number: JOB0117709
Job Category: Voluntary Services
Job Type: Contract
- The Business Pursuit Manager (BPM) will be a key part of the senior management team and lead on all fundraising activities
- S/he will provide business pursuit leadership and secure funding to deliver VSO’s global products in Nigeria, delivering £5-10 million in secured funding per year
- The BPM will also support large, significant impact opportunities in the West African region from time to time
- As an expert in your field, you will be responsible for optimising income generation and business development from a range of institutional donors (e.g. EU, UN, DFID, USAID etc) in support of VSO’s programmes.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- More than 6 years managing business pursuit activities within the international development sector for an INGO or development consulting firm;
- Experience developing funding strategies and delivering £5-10 million annually;
- Proven ability to identify new funding opportunities and to make appropriate judgements about their potential to realise significant restricted income;
- Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income;
- Proven track record in writing winning donor proposals for donors including DFID, USAID, EC, GAC and UN Agencies – including proven ability to develop log frames, monitoring frameworks, and theories of change;
- Familiarity with M&E tools; theories of change, monitoring frameworks, and basic evaluation techniques;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills used in international settings – experience of leading and facilitating workshops and training;
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative within organisational mandates;
- Experience of establishing partnerships between organisations including teaming agreement and consortia bid development;
- Strong analytical and financial and skills;
- Educated to Postgraduate Degree level in International Development, Business or related discipline;
- IT skills including fluency in Microsoft Office suite and database usage; Experience of living and working internationally (4+ years required);
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Ability to travel locally and globally.
Competencies and Behaviour:
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge.
- N7,700,000 per year
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
- Equal Opportunities: VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce