Vogue Web Solution Limited – VoguePay is Nigeria’s leading online secure payment processor, offering both individual and business merchants an opportunity to transact seamlessly. VoguePay is a user-friendly online payment platform that allows you to send and receive payment easily from anyone, in any currency. Accept payment through Card transaction and Bank transfers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Legal Adviser
- We are presently looking for an experienced Legal Adviser with extensive knowledge of commercial laws,financial sector and the e- payment industry, coupled with astute knowledge of the financial industry regulations to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues
- He/She will be responsible for providing day-to-day legal support to the company and its subsidiaries while working with all levels of employees across the business
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Provide day-to-day legal advice to the business Commercial and Intellectual Property matters.
- Draft, negotiate and/or review a wide variety of client and vendor contracts across our business , and the rest of the world, including Licensing and Design Service Agreements (LDSAs), Franchising Agreements, Agency Agreements and Services Contracts to ensure the company’s full legal rights .
- Manage the process of contract renewals, terminations and enforcement of contractual terms as necessary.
- Work on the company’s own legal templates and where necessary and updating documents with any relevant changes.
- Advising on employment matters, including reviewing and updating HR policies and employment contract terms to ensure legal compliance and employment law mattersand liaise with external lawyers on the same.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Preparing and filing required government reports
- Reviewing new business relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Guiding managers on regulatory and compliance matters
- Formulating employee handbooks
- Analyzing legal issues relating to proposed services
- Structuring joint enterprises with other organizations.
To succeed at this role,you will require:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Candidates must have at least a second class upper Degree from a recognized University.
- Must be a Legal Practitioner, or a Law graduate that has been called to bar, with minimum of 3 years experience .
- Must be proficient in commercial law, corporate governance guild-lines ,understand the e-payment industry and should be able to work with minimal supervision,
- Relevant post graduate qualifications may be an added advantage
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Experience: 3-5 years
- M.A or B.Sc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage;
- Excellent written and spoken English
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of commercial laws.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills;
- Self-driven and resourceful
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Not more than 30 years Old.
Deadline: 2nd July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com the Job Title as the subject of the mail.