Finance and Admin Manager Job at Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre
Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre is an integrated development agency working in Africa with the most vulnerable segments of society to promote gender responsive, participatory and rights-based approaches to development that improve sustainable livelihoods of deprived and hard-to-reach communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Manager
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Duration: 6 Months (Renewable)
- The Finance and Admin Manager will be responsible for managing Rhema Care’s administrative and accounting system, providing constant report to the Executive Director on administrative, procurement, finance and budget targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and Strengthen implementation of Rhema Care ‘s finance and procurement policies
- Prepare financial and administrative reports as may be required by Management and Donors
- Analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probabilities.
- Analyze budget patterns and project expenditures
- Ensure that expenditures for budgets, grants and contracts are monitored and the reports are prepared to maintain a balanced account.
- Administer the expenditure of funds, ensuring that funds are expended according to sponsoring organization’s stipulations and appropriate guidelines.
- Provide instructions and answer questions relating to budget procedures, provide budget recommendations to a wide range of issues.
- Oversee the preparation and remittances of statutory deductions.
- Strengthen internal control compliance
- Oversee administrative functions of the project
- Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls, and audit trails are maintained throughout all transactions.
- Build the capacity of finance, admin and procurement staff in financial, administrative and procurement management.
- Prepare and manage cost proposals in response to RFA’s, RFP’s and unsolicited proposals for new funding opportunities as needed.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor, including assigning of responsibilities, conducting performance reviews, assessing and identifying development opportunities that strengthen the organizational role of Finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- S/he must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a Finance related supervisory role in development project implemented by Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and membership of relevant professional bodies is an advantage
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
Deadline: 1st July, 2019.
6th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page Application Letter, addressed to the Executive Director of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre, clearly providing evidence of competencies required for the Job and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject of your application should read the position you are applying for and your name e.g. Finance and Admin Manager – Ekpong Chioma Busola
- All applications must be received by 5 pm Monday 1st July 2019.
- All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via SMS by 4th -5th July 2019 for an interview scheduled to hold in Port Harcourt on Saturday 6th July 2019 for Finance & Admin Manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.