Finance and Administration Officer Job at Agridrive Nigeria Limited
Agridrive is a for profit making social enterprise whose aim is transform African farmers lives through wealth creation by harnessing agribusiness opportunities in Africa. We aim to maximize improvements in society and environmental well-being among farmers through commercial agribusiness operations and all our profits are used to further this cause. Agridrive Limited is incorporated in Kenya and Nigeria and specializes in mechanisation equipment, mechanisation service provision, agricultural input supply, agribusiness consultancy support services. Its strategy is to expand to the whole of SSA through the provision of innovative market edge agribusiness solutions.
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- We seeking to employ qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Administration Officer and to be based in Ibadan Office in Nigeria. The job requires a qualified, experienced individual who has experience of financial control and administration activities in a commercial environment.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance and Admihistration Officer is to provide Finance and Administrative support functions through the
- Ensure that all financial transactions, procurement and administrative processes comply with set company policies and procedures as well as development partners’ regulations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of budgets
- Preparation of monthly management accounts in line with GAAP and IFRS regulations, highlighting performance against budget.
- Prepare regular forecasts of revised financial position.
- Administration of payments, payroll, pensions and petty-cash.
- Responsibility for audited financial statements and external audit processes.
- Preparation! submission of statutory returns for government, revenue services, etc
- Manage relationships with banks and other finance institutions.
- Preparation and reporting of cash flow projections highlighting funding requirements.
- Implementation of internal controls! accounting systems
- Identify any risks, irregularities, lack of compliance that may become evident from internal/external audits.
- Ensuring financial policies are implemented and controlled inline with group policies
- Receive cash and cheque payments on behalf of the company, issue receipts and ensure daily ban king;
- Process payments, ensuring accuracy and that all supporting documents are attached and appropriately approved;
- Maintain the cheques remittance register, manage the cheque books to ensure security and reconcile cancelled cheques;
- Manage petty cash, carry out daily reconciliations and monthly cash counts.
- Establish the necessary systems and procedures to safeguard the Foundation’s fixed assets including the maintenance of complete accurate and up to date fixed assets register. Undertake annual asset verification.
Administrative and HR duties:
- Perform administrative and strategic HR functions including: Coordinate submission of relevant documents by all new employees. Proper filing of staff employment documents, ensure staff files are updated, maintenance of records related to vacations, sick leave, grievances and other staff matters, determine staff training needs and organize relevant trainings for staff. prepare payroll for Agridrive staff in Nigeria
- Motor vehicle fleet management including approval and computation of driver’s overtime
- Coordinate benefits information such health, social security, insurance, pension for Agridrive staff in Nigeria
- Assist in the negotiations of terms and contracting processes for all service providers.
- Assuring the secretariat of the bid evaluation committees that may from time to time be set-up to review bids and being advisor of the procurement process.
- Coordinate procurement of goods & services in liaison with the relevant the MD and Head of Operations
- Prepare LPO’s and other procurement documentation in line with the Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related field;
- CPA Finalist, ACCA Finalist or other relevant qualification; and
- At least Five (5) years of progressively responsible finance and admin experience at the national or international level, two (2) of these at supervisory or managerial level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Advance knowledge and use of accounting software(s), spread sheets and database packages and experience in handling of web-based management systems will bean added advantage.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Data entry and records maintenance skills;
- Book keeping and accounting skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills
- User knowledge of financial management and accounting skills and packages and business acumen. Candidates with demonstrated experience in implementing new accounting software and internal control systems will have an added advantage
- Ability to work with different schedules and to meet stringent deadlines. Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straight forward, productive relationships, treating individuals with fairness and respect.
Deadline: 30th July, 2019 at 5pm
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Covering Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Interviews will be held in July 2019.