Discovery Cycle Professionals (A Division of Discovery Cycle Limited) is a global network of experienced academics and consultants assembled to provide world-class knowledge-based services globally. DCP has diverse experience across different professional fields and offers a wide-range of multi-disciplinary professional services. DCP has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. Over the years, DCP has developed a wide range of multi-disciplinary professional services covering both the private and public sectors of the economy through the “DCP Ecosystem”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Senior Partner
- The senior finance officer is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Role and Task Complexities
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met and prepare financial management reports
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
- Monitor and support taxation requirements as well as develop and maintain financial databases
- Prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit process
- Evaluate and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Provide research-based analytical support in forecasting budgets, variances analyses and preparation of financial budgets.
- Conduct research, study, evaluate and initiate capital expenditure models and other business development models and procedures.
- Ensure economical benefits to the company through extensive research and evaluation of business models.
- Conduct research-based due diligence financial reports and statements.
- Conduct research and create specific financial models to enhance business development.
Qualifications & Technical Skills Requirements
- 7-10 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- First degree in accounting
- Knowledge of economic principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of accounting software and computer applications
Knowledge and Competences:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strategic thinking, planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Information and task monitoring
- Analytical judgment and problem-solving skills
- Supervisory skills and ability to work in and lead a team
- Stress tolerance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and locations as the subject of the mail.