Food Security Sector NGO Co-Chair Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security Sector NGO Co-Chair
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 11 months
Start date: 01/07/2019
General Description of the Position
- You will be in charge to build up support the Food Security Sector and provide platform for I/NGO’s to share their experience and approach towards improving the food security for vulnerable population in Northeast of Nigeria.
More precisely, you will be in charge to:
- Contribute and support Food security assessment tools for Food Security Sector in Northern Nigeria.
- Monitor and visit partner locations, which are not off limits for FSL Sector Lead
- Coordinate and agree with stakeholders especially with NGO’s on Food basket and its composition.
- Contribute and share the technical inputs on approaches for IGA, Agrico and non-Agrico activities
- Represent FSL on behalf of NGO’s.
Do you fit the requested profile?
- You hold a Master’s Degree in Food Security, Agronomy, Agriculture, International Development or other fields relevant with at least 5 years of field experience with NGO’s on coordination in food security activities
- Recognized for your experience of management in an emergency context, you have the ability with donors / partners and have excellent skills in writing and documenting
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy
- You have the ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites
- You have knowledge of FSS Cluster mechanisms and you are fluent in English.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- Status: Fix-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Monthly gross salary from 1,805 € to 2,305 € upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 329 € + 210 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and Accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months)
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross-knowledge
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online