Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) is a Not-for-Profit Organization dedicated to increasing access to quality Healthcare and building local capacity in the health sector in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sample Transport Supervisor
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to all facilities with a view to strengthen quality service provision.
- Submit a monthly report to the Laboratory Logistic officer on the overall situation of sample referral in the state.
- Build capacity and mentor the transporters on the triple packaging system and biosafety of the NISRN sample transport
- Provide recommendations for improvement and optimization of the NISRN sample transport
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Carryout POD reconciliation to ensure 100% order fulfilment.
- Arrangement PODs serially by facility, by state and send to Country Office Abuja.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant SOPs in discharge of your duties
- Coordinate the implementation of the NISRN sample transportation and results delivery network across all the health facilities/hubs in the assigned PCR lab/state.
- Ensure samples are collected from all designated health facilities/ hub sites and transported to PCR laboratory using a common mechanism for sample pick-up, shipment, and the return of results to the health facility.
- Monitor sample integrity and report from the assigned PCR Labs on a weekly basis and maintain record.
- Conduct spot check on the Vendors transport facility and cooling devises to ensure compliance with standard requirement.
- Review on weekly basis or as may be needed routing for sample pickup and result collection.
- Maintain weekly and monthly record of number of samples transported and result retrieved from PCR Labs for the different specimen type.
- Submit report using the monthly summary sheet.
- Document weekly activities using the 3PL report template
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Computer Skills to include the use of MS Office packages and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multi task, set priorities and work independently.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Bachelor’s degrees in Medical Laboratory Science
- Holder of Microbiology Degree with experience in health commodities logistics can also apply.
- Master in Public Health would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Registered with MLSCN
- Knowledge of packaging, handling and transportation of temperature sensitive and biological products.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and logistics.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Commodity Logistics or Health Commodity Logistics.
- Capacity to support health systems strengthening.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.orgUsing the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.