Job for State Advisor (Bauchi) at Options Consultancy Services Limited
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Advisor
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
Contract Type: Full time, fixed term contract until April 2022
- We are looking for an experienced State Advisor to lead the technical delivery of the E4A-MamaYe programme in Bauchi.
The Bauchi State Advisor will be responsible for the overall progress of E4A-MamaYe programme objectives in Bauchi. This will involve:
- Building capacity of advocacy coalitions and other strategic partners within Bauchi state
- Providing technical support on maternal and perinatal death surveillance and response (MPDSR) systems, digital technologies for the health sector, linking health systems data to health budget processes
- Providing state level project management and leading on the delivery of the programme workplan
- Communicating and disseminating programme progress; monitoring, evaluation and learning from activities
- Bachelor’s in Sociology, Anthropology, Social Statistics or a related subject
- Considerable experience in RNMCH programme implementation at facility and community levels
- Significant experience of engagement with government at State level and/or a background working within government
- Ability to deliver training modules that link quality of care data to policy, prioritisation and budget processes to different target audiences (local government, CSOs)
- Experience in advocacy and in analysing and presenting data for use in decision-making, action, accountability and/or advocacy
- Experience of packaging and communicating information for different audiences, and on different platforms (e.g. print/web/mobile/broadcast)
- Experience supporting or working with advocacy coalitions, SLAMs or other accountability mechanisms
- Technical knowledge of political and budgeting processes and legislation at national and State level (relevant to health)
- Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, employer pension contribution and medical insurance.
- Commensurate with experience
Deadline; 9th June, 2019.
13th June, 2019 and 14th June, 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter with a summary note of your relevant skills and experience to “Laura Burke” at: email@example.com Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.