Job Recruitment at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, 10th June, 2019
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Project Manager (Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC))
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (BRICC), The Deputy Project Manager is responsible for the management and the proper implementation of COOPI’s Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC) in Yobe State.
- He/she coordinates and monitors the work of other staff field officers dedicated to these activities and he/she is responsible for a qualitative and regular reporting on various components of the project.
- He/she is responsible to ensure the technical implementation of cash transfers, vocational training, capacity building, agriculture, and VSLA activities of the project.
Programme design and implementation and review:
- With support from the PM Lead project kick-off/launch with stakeholders at LGA and community level
- Support staff members to develop beneficiary eligibility/selection criteria
- Support the M&E Officer to design baseline data collection and analysis tools
- With support from PM ensure the timely and quality delivery of the BRICC project. and at the same time ensure strong grant and financial management and compliance
- Support the design of data collection and analysis tools for market assessment
- Identify and collaborate with strategic partners to ensure broader participation of stakeholders in project implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Support the design and monitoring of project implementation plan
- With the support of PM, ensure strong and regular coordination between various components of project to maintain coherence across the program
- Design and implement pilot projects aimed at addressing childhood poverty and protection and use outcomes as model for wider programming.
- Provide technical implementation support to each component of the project quality assurance
Management of resources and staffs:
- Organize, schedule and coordinate BRICC activities and the team’s work on a weekly as well as monthly basis.
- Conduct staff performance reviews
- Monitor staff performance on regular basis
- Ensure the proper manage of project resources including vehicles
- Ensure the security and safety of COOPI staffs and resources
- Secure proper management and supply of project materials and equipment as required
- Participate in various coordination and working groups meetings related to BRICC project
- Represent the PM BRICC at strategic meetings as and required
- Participate in external reporting according to the needs (reports to local authorities, donors) in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Contribute to institutional learning through experience sharing, documentation, and review and planning
- Support team capacity building on day to day basis through sharing of knowledge and experience; organize training sessions for project staffs.
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages will be an added advantage – Kanuri Hausa, etc.
- Education degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Development studies, or Social sciences
- At least 3 years of project management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in recovery programs
- Familiarity of Cash Transfer Programme (CTP) implementation.
- Familiarity with M&E tools
- Familiarity with log frame analysis
- Proven skills and experience in capacity building
Knowledge and skills:
- Project cycle and project follow up tools (work plan, budget, activities and indicators)
- E-voucher related activities
- E-transfers through mobile
- Team management
- NGO’s logistic and administrative processes (log, fin, HR, procurement)
- Community management
- Good command of English writing
- Conflict management
- Protection sensitivity
- Result driven
- Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge and experience in capacity building
- Reporting capacity
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Agronomist (Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC))
General Position Summary
- The Project Agronomist will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of all agriculture related activities of the BRICC project the Economic Reintegration component of the BRICCS project.
- This role is very central to the implementation of the project. The role is central to the successful implementation of the BRICC.
- The post holder will also hold resource management, program planning, coordination, and COOPI representation responsibilities as well.
- Support the identification and registration of vulnerable smallholders farmers
- Identify/create farmer and livestock associations/cooperatives for strengthening
- Adapt Resilience Design in Smallholder Farming Systems to Yobe State needs
- Identify improved seed vendors in target LGAs
- Produce user friendly training manuals/guides on the production and reduction of post-harvest losses for various crops produced in North East Nigeria
- Facilitate training-of-trainer modules for Yobe State ADP extension services
- Develop knowledge dissemination plan for RD in smallholder agriculture with Yobe State Ministry of Agriculture,
- Facilitate conditional cash transfer or subsidy for purchase of improved seed products
- Premium-priced traders are linked to mature associations
- Provide business support services and facilitate business linkages for improved seed suppliers to increase ease of access and availability of improved seeds for smallholder farmers
- Ensure quality of agricultural inputs (seed viability, tools durability, etc.)
- Take lead in organizing agricultural input trade fairs
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Project Manager
- Ensure the timely preparation of regular week , monthly and quarterly reports
- Represent COOPI in meetings and conferences as requested by the Project Manager.
- Contribute to institutional learning project through experience sharing, documentation, and review and planning.
- Degree in Agronomy/Relevant training
- Experience in Farmers Training
- Two- three years’ experience in related work
- Experience/knowledge in Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Experience in participatory methodologies
- Good computing skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Past experience in facilitating training of trainers
- Knowledge in developing training curriculum
- Experience working with International NGOs
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong initiative, flexible and able to plan and implement work plan with minimum supervision
- Awareness of security matters and protocols
- Willingness to take challenges and to work in difficult conditions
- Courtesy and sensitivity in working with communities
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote where services are limited
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, and English
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th June, 2019.