Job Vacancies at Ascentech Services Limited, 10th June, 2019
Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
- We are seeking a reliable and precise Accounting Payable Specialist to help properly maintain payable information.
- The successful candidate will maintain current accounts and assist in invoicing functions.
- His/her duties will include daily book-keeping, record keeping, and financial reporting, and the preparation of tax records for financial audits.
- S/he will reconcile and verify invoices; and an extensive knowledge of financial and tax procedures will be required.
- The candidate must also be experienced and will be one who can analyze expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements.
- Maintain petty cash accounts and log all outgoing disbursements
- Monitor all vendor payment agreements to find discounts that can be used to reduce invoice amounts
- Responsible for paying all sales tax on appropriate invoices and making a note of each tax payment made
- Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment term
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prepare invoices for payment. This will include matching invoices to Purchase Orders and obtaining authorization for payment.
- Resolves purchase order, receipt, and invoice exceptions.
- Responds to inquires via phone/email correspondence from internal and external customers with a sense of urgency.
- Processes accounts payable documents according to established procedures.
Education, Essential Skills & General Requirements
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 4+ years’ experience in accounts payable
- Ability to effectively use an accounting software, including MS Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- PS: Candidates with experience in a Manufacturing/Factory setting will have an advantage.
Job Title: Factory Accountant
- The Factory Accountant will use knowledge and accounting principles to plan and coordinate inventory control measures.
- S/he will present monthly actual and forecast expenditures, prepare budget plans, develop and modify record-keeping and accounting systems, track cost reductions, and ensure operations are in compliance with government regulations.
- S/he will also analyze costs and overhead, such as raw materials for making products, manage inventory, and also monitor purchase orders and fixed assets within the company.
- Evaluate and maintain accuracy of general ledger.
- Reconcile all accounts within required timeframe and prepare all monthly bank reports.
- Analyze all financial records and assist consolidate financial statements.
- Ensure compliance to all local, state and Federal regulations, and oversee all payroll and account payable and receivable functions.
- Administer all attendance programs for all employees.
- Assist factory supervisors to manage all disciplinary activities.
- Maintain records for all factory activities and assist to recruit all required staff.
- Provide required training to all staff and perform regular credit checks on all customers and sales managements.
- Provide appropriate employee benefit programs.
- Prepare all required correspondence and maintain all accounting files on computer and ensure accuracy of same.
- Administer and reconcile all system account on monthly basis and manage all cash disbursement issues.
- Maintain accuracy for same and perform audit on all annual budget processes.
- Monitor all petty cash for factory and manage all everyday disbursements.
- Identify all appropriate systems and procedures to maintain efficiency of all financial information.
- Evaluate all factory documents and ensure compliance to federal and state laws.
- Recommend strategies to Line Manager and maintain knowledge on all current trends and provide training to all accounting and benefit regulations.
Education, Essential Skills & General Requirements
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- Solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, processes, policies, and global accounting standards
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Proficient in the use of at least one Accounting ERP software
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Ability to prepare accounting financial statements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com stating the position applied as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.