Job Vacancy for Field Engineer – Subsea Wellhead at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Engineer – Subsea Wellhead
Ref Id: 3304956
Location: Onne, Rivers
- The Field Engineer is the primary person responsible for execution of work scope for the customer meeting all environmental, health, safety and quality standards.
- The role will require flexibility in working hours and an ability to adapt to challenges on a daily basis, working with team members locally and remotely.
- In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer’s sites
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 2 years experience in a Field Services role with subsea equipment
- 2 Years experience in Subsea Wellhead offshore installation.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to sell BHGE products to the customer
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior field engineering experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online